PDA

View Full Version : Arial Wont Unscrew

Gasmark7
5th November 2016, 05:42 PM
Hi Guys. Tried today to replace the arial on my 2007 MCS with a stubby only to find that the old one is just spinning in its seat. How on earth do I get it off? Do I have to go into the roof lining to unscrew the whole thing? Be gentle with me.

- - - Updated - - -

Just noticed that Lohen take a massive 30 seconds to fit. Be very, very gentle with me. Pleeease

badwolf340
6th November 2016, 09:06 AM
Never come across this problem ,is it just the Aerial turning or the whole thing ? If it's just the Aerial the screw has seized into the base and you may have to cut the Aerial to gain access to the threaded part that is seized

Gasmark7
6th November 2016, 12:15 PM
Yep. The arial is just turning in the base. Loath to cut into it.

EcosseGP
6th November 2016, 08:51 PM
I'd get a set of pliers and grab the base with them and twist it off. The screw does occasionally seize in the holder and without a bit of man handling you'll never get it off. You'll be able to get a replacement aerial if / when you want to pop it back on. I might even have a couple of spares in the garage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ivano
7th November 2016, 10:03 AM
I'd get a set of pliers and grab the base with them and twist it off. The screw does occasionally seize in the holder and without a bit of man handling you'll never get it off. You'll be able to get a replacement aerial if / when you want to pop it back on. I might even have a couple of spares in the garage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah i had to use pliers when i changed my aerial on my MINI to twist it off. They can be quite stubborn.