PDA

View Full Version : Electric Windows

Nick
4th October 2004, 09:00 PM
Hi all,
Just wondered if my passenger side window is broken or not. In my cooper s the drivers side window moves down on its own accord if pressed delicately down, same to put it up.

The passenger side goes down on its own accord if pressed lightly down, but wont go up unless the switch is held up.

Is this normal or are other owners passenger windows going up on their own accord when asked to?

My car has been like this since the day i got it...

Nick

aimee_s
4th October 2004, 09:06 PM
cant say ive noticed...but ill check when i go back out to my car later!!

Eggy7496
4th October 2004, 09:07 PM
yep there all like that, believe it or not its a safety feature, if u have a kid in the front and they press the button to put the window up they might be hanging out the window and be hurt, so u have to hold it the button, this prevents the kid being squashed - well ats what the dealership told me

MartinSullivan
4th October 2004, 09:13 PM
Yeah Eggy is right - its a safety feature. Some cars have sensors etc to prevent it from happening - but as the mini doesnt have a frame round the window there are no sensors

Nick
4th October 2004, 09:23 PM
thanks guys!

nick

mgemie
5th October 2004, 06:56 PM
yeah, its a safety feature.....but it really annoying if you're driving along it means pressing and holding the button to put the window up - especially fun if it raining:D:cool: