PDA

View Full Version : Pressure Washer

Davesminis
2nd November 2016, 01:15 PM
Hi All, new pressure washer time is approaching and I thought I would see if anyone can recommend something. Needs to be fairly decent and be pretty bullet proof. Thanks in advance....

Craig
2nd November 2016, 01:37 PM
All cheaper power washers are made from plastic so must be kept inside away from the frost or they will suffer from cracked seals and sometimes pumps. More expensive ones are made from brass fittings and survive the cold much better.

In the cheaper end of the market, I'd go for Nilfisk or Bosch - much better quality than Karcher in my experience. And can also be bought for less money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CiderFex
2nd November 2016, 04:21 PM
I bought my K4 from the below.
It's a refurbished unit but was as cheap as chips and is still going strong.

http://www.karcheroutlet.co.uk/

Blueboy
2nd November 2016, 06:07 PM
All cheaper power washers are made from plastic so must be kept inside away from the frost or they will suffer from cracked seals and sometimes pumps. More expensive ones are made from brass fittings and survive the cold much better.

In the cheaper end of the market, I'd go for Nilfisk or Bosch - much better quality than Karcher in my experience. And can also be bought for less money.

Thats the one a lot of the detailers recommend

- - - Updated - - -

I bought my K4 from the below.
It's a refurbished unit but was as cheap as chips and is still going strong.

http://www.karcheroutlet.co.uk/

A few places are doing these on special at the moment for £100 brand new stock, think B&Q was one of them

Davesminis
2nd November 2016, 10:40 PM
Cheers guys, interesting. I was just going to go direct for Karcher without thinking too much about. Glad I asked. A bit of research for me to do me thinks.

Jimmy-Mac
11th November 2016, 01:08 PM
Try maplin bud I picked up a nilfisk c110 for £70, cracking piece of kit

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/nilfisk-c110-45-x-tra-110-bar-high-performance-pressure-washer-n48qh

a11y
11th November 2016, 07:55 PM
My £28 refurbished Karcher K2 Compact (Karcher outlet) died after 7 months - typical as warranty was 6 months...

I'm a bit tied in to Karcher as invested in fancy 12m hose, etc. Looked at upper range ones with 5yr warranty but you're £250+. Ended up with another K2 compact from B&Q for £48 with 2yr warranty. I view pressure washers as pretty much disposable. I know DW favour Nilfisk and some random German brand whose name escapes me, but had friends with unreliable Nilfisks too.

digi
25th November 2016, 03:59 AM
what ever one you get just make sure you get the pump empty for the winter

DS JCW
18th September 2017, 09:01 PM
I got a brand new K5 Pro from B&Q about a year ago for £90, they were selling them off as the newer model was being released, absolute bargain and never let me down, used for house, stables and cars...defo worth trying to get a similar model.