PDA

View Full Version : Insurance social media

badwolf340
2nd November 2016, 07:20 AM
Just watching the news and one of the headlines from the papers was that insurance companies are going to start checking social media for examples of bad driving ,certainly possable if they know what to look for but maybe just the usual no sence in the papers ...thoughts ?

jonnie
2nd November 2016, 08:29 AM
Don't use any so not really affected but I don't see how it can work, how can your facebook status or the fact you follow xyz on twitter can help them decide you are a risk or not. If your stupid enough to brag about bad driving on there then chances are you won't give them permission to check anyway( I assume they will need permission)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MINI William
2nd November 2016, 09:16 AM
I think the likes of videos and pictures posted with registration plates visible will give them the information needed on the likes of groups rather than an individuals page, very much similar with YouTube videos that are public with people doing stupid things. I can see it working in some respects but most likely will never get used

badwolf340
2nd November 2016, 07:22 PM
A little update listening to BBC news on way home and Facebook have blocked the insurance company (Admiral) from gaining access ,they had wanted to analyse writing styles and pics :hand:so hopefully stopped for now

Mon the fish
3rd November 2016, 07:16 AM
No different I suppose to telling the world how wonderful your holiday is.... Whilst simultaneously advertising that your house is empty. Can't believe home insurance providers aren't hotter on this, normally any excuse for them

maxibaby
3rd November 2016, 11:29 AM
It's geared at reducing initial premiums for new or young drivers I think, bit like the black boxes to record their speed, distances etc or the curfews on nighttime driving etc.
Isn't going to affect my premiums in any way.
I'm looking to Saga next year anyway!![emoji23][emoji23][emoji15]
It may get people to realise how much harvestable info they put up on soc media and that it isn't always a good idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fourteenthstar
6th January 2017, 05:17 PM
I used to work for a large social media company and we were often asked to provide details that would be used in court to verify location, activity and association. I'd wager a fair bit of dosh that the insurance companies will be using social media in order to secure the same evidence against fraudulent claims.