PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Glasgow (Renfrewshire) - Red R56 & Audi S3 (trading for a Clubman SD/D)

My1303
20th October 2016, 04:53 PM
Hey All!!!

New to the forum, but not car modding/detailing/forums/meets, currently running two cars in the family.

Mini R56 One - Is my wifes, standard car and I will be posting about later... :thumbs up:

Audi 2014 S3 Sportback (ino ino) but I am looking/need to trade it for a Clubman SD or Clubman D asap. Was my first factory order and I love, love, LOVE the car but the petrol bill and general maintenance is killing the bank account.

Question is my Mrs doesn't get modding, at all, even questioned me changing the wipers to aeros :argh: So what mods can I do on the Mini One & in the future the Clubman without her knowing/realising/seeing the car off the road for a day or two - This has got to be a total covert build or something that I can convince her is better for the car (just like the wipers :yes nod:)

I'm thinking...

Strut Brace front & back (covert)
Channel Swap the Audio (better for car)
Change the bulbs for brighter ones (covert)
Change the orange bulbs to silver (covert)
Stubby Ariel (covert)
Clear side reflectors (covert)
I have also seen swap outs for daylight running lights from the fogs - unsure on these as fitting might be an issue. (covert)

Currently out of the question... due to money and time
Alloys
Exhasut
Body Kit
Coilovers / lowering springs

Whats your tips/recommendations people?

Best,

badwolf340
20th October 2016, 08:50 PM
First of all :welcome: changing stuff so the wife does not notice is a common theme :laugh:you could also fit an induction kit ,and on the SD a remap which would liven things up a bit

Craig
20th October 2016, 08:56 PM
:welcome:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My1303
20th October 2016, 10:29 PM
First of all :welcome: changing stuff so the wife does not notice is a common theme :laugh:you could also fit an induction kit ,and on the SD a remap which would liven things up a bit

Hahaha thanks, good to hear I'm not alone on the mi5 modding.

Remap, of course...

Here's the wife's mini

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161020/a3ef0a0f6ebf965354295da5823a7386.jpg

And my S3

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161020/498c07c6f91ba80bb4e9a6d550fa27e7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MINI William
21st October 2016, 11:00 AM
Welcome to NMS. Plans sound good, Looking forward to your progression

Crombers
21st October 2016, 05:47 PM
Welcome to NMSland :saltireflag: