PDA

View Full Version : Haynes Manual 58 Plated Convertible

Targe
12th October 2016, 02:58 PM
I have a 58 plated Mini Cooper Convertible, believe it is series R52 (?).
Not being technically proficient (and not having £100 for the Bentley make manual) I bought the Haynes manual (4904) Mini Nov 2006 to 2013 only to realise that it only covers convertibles from 2009 and looking at the photos of the engine layout in the book, it is different to what I see when I lift the bonnet. I did phone Haynes, who said that they did not start covering the Mini convertibles until the 2009 model came out.
My question is - although it is 58 plated, is my model covered in the earlier Haynes edition? ie did BMW just use the engine layout etc of the pre 2006 model on convertibles until 2009.
I only want a heads up regarding the engine service, brakes etc not the complexity of the folding roof (which maybe beyond my Halfords socket set).
Appreciate any advice.

Craig
12th October 2016, 04:23 PM
Pretty much all of the mechanicals are the same on the R52 convertible to the R53/50 hatch. I've got the Haynes manual if you want to borrow it ? Could post it to you ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon the fish
12th October 2016, 06:22 PM
I have to say, the Bentley manual is dear, but well worth it IMO if you're working on the car yourself - it goes into a lot more detail than the Haynes manual.

Keep an eye for used copies on Amazon or ebay - you'll just end up getting it oily anyway [emoji23]

Targe
13th October 2016, 07:14 PM
Craig - thanks for the offer, appreciate it but will buy one (doesn't matter how careful I am, always get oil/steering fluid/coffee/sweat/blood all over them!). Which manual covers the R53 - the 2006- 2013 or the one previous to that?
Will keep an eye out for the Bentley one as well.

Targe
13th October 2016, 08:30 PM
No worries, did some research and the R53 will be the first Haynes manual. Thanks again for your help.

Craig
13th October 2016, 09:23 PM
No problem [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk