PDA

View Full Version : International New MINI Meeting - Belgium June 2005

Morty
2nd October 2004, 08:53 PM
Hi all,

Because I've posted this on Mini2, Mini2mini and most of the other forums, I really found it time to put it here too.

This event, the INMM 2005, will go through on june 25 and 26 of 2005 !!!
Take a look at the site for more info : WWW.INMM05.ORG

Possibility to stay from fri the 24th till mon the 27th at NO extra cost

Organisation is in hand of Belgium and Holland. (a.o. Morty, Quicksilver)

Wat can we offer you till now:
- A special location (lodging/party/lot's of facilities)
- MINI Stands
- run/rally,
- huge PARTY on saturday evening, Belgian Beers ...
Join us... you won't regret it !!!

For UK people we are also checking for better ferry rates
If you want to come by plane ... no problem let us know and we'll pick you up

MORTY
Chairman of the INMM 2005

Morty
2nd October 2004, 09:05 PM
The cost of the weekend would be 190 euro. (ex transport)
For this we can offer you:
- 4 days and 3 nights stay in Centerparcs with the normal facilities of the parc (a.o. the swimmingpool)
- 3x Breakfast (with 1 big breakfast with everybody on sunday)
- 1x buffet dinner on saturday night
- 1x BIG party following the dinner
- welcomepackage and MINI activities (a.o. a run on sunday)

We get rather nice reactions from UK MINI2.com and MINI2MINI members.
Apparentely mini2mini is organising this trip as a club meet and the list of participants is fast growing.

Interested too? join our mailinglist and keep up to date..
The subscription page will get online soon
Or contact Barrie from M2M. He's organising it for the UK gang.

Vicki
2nd October 2004, 11:11 PM
I'll be attending this event! already booked the week off work as u know Morty

Come on u guys!!!! Would love to meet you all!

LOL we are hopefully having a football team (the MINI2mini footy team HAHA) that should be a laugh if nothing else! lol!!!!!

Come guys, get ya names down its gunna be a fantastic event and one definetely not to miss!

Eggy7496
3rd October 2004, 12:46 AM
would we all drive to belgium we our minis? sounds absolutely mental butr amazing!! the mother of all runs!!

Vicki
3rd October 2004, 03:16 AM
u drive to dover then get the ferry to Calais.

There may be another ferry route from scotland area but i have no clue and i may just be talking RUBBISH lol.

It is mental but well worth it! think of the things u could do whilst over there- not just the MINI meet ...... duty free goods ;)

minidriver#1
3rd October 2004, 04:50 AM
this would be sweet indeed.

Willie M
4th October 2004, 03:56 PM
Would love to go but defo won't manage :(
I would think that any of the NMS crew intending to travel to this one would be better looking to get the ferry from Rosyth :cool:

Eggy7496
4th October 2004, 07:14 PM
weres rosyth? have no idea? is there alot of interest from here? i would be up for this! not oftern this happens!!

Scottie
4th October 2004, 07:23 PM
just up from the Forth Road Bridge perth side. 17 hour crossing it's great use the crossing 3 or 4 times a year.

Crombers
4th October 2004, 08:52 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmm never been to Belgium & the footy season is over by June!!! Eggy , if there is more interest I could maybe be persuaded.

Eggy7496
4th October 2004, 09:05 PM
good good, im on the same boat as you

Scottie
4th October 2004, 09:28 PM
We could have our arms twisted to go.

Julz
5th October 2004, 04:05 PM
I think we'd have to go by hairyplane, apparently there is not a chance on this little earth that my wee baby would manage to board the ferry, but we're still planning on going!!;):D

X30YES
6th October 2004, 01:45 AM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

I think we'd have to go by hairyplane, apparently there is not a chance on this little earth that my wee baby would manage to board the ferry, but we're still planning on going!!;):D
Sure Fiona had her car over on the ferry , but not sure which one !!!...car that is

X30YES
6th October 2004, 01:46 AM
Could be interested myself if it falls in line with my onshore leave !!

MartinSullivan
6th October 2004, 01:50 AM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES
Sure Fiona had her car over on the ferry , but not sure which one !!!...car that is

Fionas isnt lowered though is it???

X30YES
6th October 2004, 04:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

quote:Originally posted by X30YES

Fionas isnt lowered though is it???

The car ...never looked :D;)

MartinSullivan
6th October 2004, 04:30 AM
;)

Scottie
6th October 2004, 05:22 PM
It was the Touareg I had over but I tell you this what a nightmare it was getting that on with our Caravan we were put on over the top ramp and the hitch between the carvan and car grounded.
The bottom ramp is much better but not sure about Julz Mini. I will have my Cooper S Cabrio to take on this trip. NO Zeemax kit no Problem.

Eggy7496
19th October 2004, 07:03 PM
is there lots o you guys attending?

The Dogfather
19th October 2004, 07:11 PM
Oh why, Oh why, did this have to be the 24th June the same time I'm planning to do the Twilight Run?

Morty
20th October 2004, 03:25 AM
I'm sorry but I really can't move it ...

The Dogfather
20th October 2004, 05:26 AM
No worries Morty just one of those things.

Duncan Stewart
20th October 2004, 08:52 PM
But you could move the Twilight run Paul. 17/18/19 June perhaps. :D

Morty
1st November 2004, 10:35 PM
Hello Hello :D
LATEST NEWS:

The official price for the event is set.
Price for the whole weekend is set at 169 euro per person. (+/- 118 pounds)

This includes the 4 days stay, breakfasts, dinner and party, the activities and all the extra things...

In my opinion this is a very competitive price

Newsletter will be sent out soon :D

Nenah
25th November 2004, 08:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by Morty

Hello Hello :D
LATEST NEWS:

The official price for the event is set.
Price for the whole weekend is set at 169 euro per person. (+/- 118 pounds)

This includes the 4 days stay, breakfasts, dinner and party, the activities and all the extra things...

In my opinion this is a very competitive price

Newsletter will be sent out soon :D

OK - I'm keen to be added to the list to attend - sounds awesome and be up for driving not flying. When do we have to pay?

Do we have to get out own groups of 4 or 6 for a chalet? (sweet - can we have a fondue or togoa parties in each other's chalet too? :p;)..sorry, go confused with the Club Tropicana Run for a mo ;))

Seriously - let me know what the next step is - do we have to reserve a ticket on the ferry? Details details detials!

A NMS Family European Vaccation! :D:D

Cheers
Nenah

sleepyrascal
25th November 2004, 10:52 AM
I'm well up for this. I'm due to be in NY over the summer but will be back around this time for uni stuff. This sounds awsome!!!! I would definately be driving over!!!!!!!!! IT REALLY WOULD BE THE MOTHER OF ALL RUNS!!!!!

Nenah
25th November 2004, 08:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

I'm well up for this. I'm due to be in NY over the summer but will be back around this time for uni stuff. This sounds awsome!!!! I would definately be driving over!!!!!!!!! IT REALLY WOULD BE THE MOTHER OF ALL RUNS!!!!!

TOTALLY!!!:cool::cool: So that makes two of us from Aberdeen - is Eggy still keen? Angus also expressed interest. Looks like I'll get a chance to test out the Tom Tom Maps of Europe afterall! :D If we have to organise our own Chalet - can we all share? :)

sleepyrascal
26th November 2004, 03:48 AM
Mt girlfriend wants to come too so thats five so far from Aberdeen if Angus and Eggy come along.

Nenah
26th November 2004, 03:57 AM

Mt girlfriend wants to come too so thats five so far from Aberdeen if Angus and Eggy come along.

Think Jai will be coming too if he's in the country at the time - so thats 6!:D A Good crew! :D

I'll speak to the organisers to get some more info and ferry prices/times etc.

WICKED!:cool:

Scottie
26th November 2004, 05:30 PM
I'm hoping to go as part of my holiday was going to leave it nearer the time but not sure how it works can you just go along on the day.

Will be crossing the water on the Rosyth ferry a couple of days before hand then travel to the event from Holland.

Nenah
26th November 2004, 05:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

I'm hoping to go as part of my holiday was going to leave it nearer the time but not sure how it works can you just go along on the day.

Will be crossing the water on the Rosyth ferry a couple of days before hand then travel to the event from Holland.

Your plan sounds like a good idea - allow a few extra days before to to travel. Scottie, would you mind finding out information on the ferry (cost/times) and I'll find information out from the organisers re the chalet, entry and whether it is still possible to stay on a few days after the meet FOC (as posted on Mini2). And we can post info here for those who may be tempted to come along - I really think this trip will be huge fun! :DWill it just be yourself going?

Scottie
26th November 2004, 05:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by Nenah

Your plan sounds like a good idea - allow a few extra days before to to travel. Scottie, would you mind finding out information on the ferry (cost/times) and I'll find information out from the organisers re the chalet, entry and whether it is still possible to stay on a few days after the meet FOC (as posted on Mini2). And we can post info here for those who may be tempted to come along - I really think this trip will be huge fun! :DWill it just be yourself going?

Myself and Allan. The thing is as it's part of our holiday we will have our caravan and will only be travelling to the.

Will let you know the price on the ferry. There will be a few choices re what type of Cabin etc.

If the numbers remain low and I get a good price I might book through myself as we get a discount through the Caravan Club.

We

Morty
27th November 2004, 07:23 AM
Hi All, nice to see that's there's some interest here too :)
I'm sorry that I couldn't get in here quicker... I'm very busy for the mo.

Well subscription to the event will be online shortly, since you were added in the mailinglist you'll get that through e-mail.

It would be handy if you would arrange the chalets but if everybody mentions NMS on the subscription form, we should be able to put you together.
It could of course be that if the number is odd, we will have to place that or those persons in another bungalow together with someone else.. but we'll try to put you all together first :)
More questions feel free to ask or you can always mail us at info@inmm05.org

Eggy7496
27th November 2004, 07:32 PM
nenah im still interested in going. all exams will be fiished by then!! it would be so sweet to have 20 of us convoying to BELGUIM!! WOO!!

Julz
27th November 2004, 08:27 PM
I think it'll be Easy Jet for me!!!:( There's not a hope in heck that my car will get on the ferry, unless I remove the kit, jack her up or take off the lowering springs!!:(

How about 20 minis and a 911??:clown::D

Nenah
27th November 2004, 09:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

I think it'll be Easy Jet for me!!!:( There's not a hope in heck that my car will get on the ferry, unless I remove the kit, jack her up or take off the lowering springs!!:(

How about 20 minis and a 911??:clown::D

Yeah for sure Julz! I dont see why not? :D

Eggy - cant think of a better way to celebrate the end of your exams!;) International Mini Convoy - who's elese is going to come on board? ;)

Julz
27th November 2004, 10:35 PM
Yeah for sure Julz! I dont see why not? :D

Yay!! That should make sure Rob doesn't sell his car for a wee while yet!!;):D

lightbody
28th November 2004, 09:25 PM
I'm going to the IMM in Spain.

http://www.imm2005.org/

The IMM voted this year to welcome the New MINI to join all the other versions of Mini that attend this event. It was a bit of a struggle, but they got there in the end.

I think this new mini-only IMM could cause them to change their minds and it could well piss off a lot of people in the process! I'm curious about who the organisers are... the site is a bit vague!

Duncan Stewart
29th November 2004, 05:03 AM
There have been INM Meets in previous years I think

Morty
1st December 2004, 05:02 AM
Well Me, Rob Lightbody.

As the INMM chairman, I'll try to answer your question.

BTW: this is NOT an New mini ONLY event :)

I've been to both IMM and INMM.
To tell you a bit about the INMM, the idea of a meeting like this, started in 2002 when 19 people met in Leverkusen. It growed to an estonishing 160 MINI's in 2003 and 150 in 2004 in Switzerland.

Why INMM ?
Mostly because those meets were attracting people from all over Europe... so it didn't became just a local meeting, no it got an international caracter. It growed out of all expectations too. 160 MINI's from all over Europe.. isn't that called an International New MINI meeting?
And also a bit due to the fact that most MINI's werent welcome on IMM's at the time.

The IMM in Italy 2 years ago, showed an astonished ANTI MINI attitude.
We were normally going but ended up staying in the planned hotel in Italy because of the way some of the clubs reacted. We got a lot of anti welcome mail and some of them even told us that if we'd come on the grounds, we could go back on footh or push our recked MINI. Sad attitude I know.

Because a lot of clubs around the world don't want the NEW MINI to stand on the grounds, the idea came to organise it for the MINI aswell.
Unlike former and trust me if I say future IMM's, we welcome the classic mini too. We even have a price for the most beautiful classic on the ground. We all love classics, but unfortunately don't get that respect back.
A friend of mine who is president of a classic MINI club (which welcomes the new one too) went to the presidents meeting on the IMM and witnessed the heavy discussions between the pro and non pro's of the New MINI.
At last it was 35 negative to 37 positive votes if I'm right? But it could well be that because of this the IMM in Spain could end in a fiasco becuase a lot of clubs are going to boycot this... really sad story.

We don't want to make a full split of those nice cars at all, but if there's so much negativism from the classic owners, why not have one for the new MINI too, where we DO welcome the classic mini's with open arms and all have fun :D

Morty
1st December 2004, 05:15 AM
Also .. if we look at the classic and new MINI fan. There's a slight difference.
NEW MINI fans, globally, are more likely to have a nice weekend spent in a hotel then in a tent. They're likely to have a run in group instead of a rally... They're some slight differences not that I mind the other ones.

Don't understand me wrong, you don't have to see this as an opposite to the IMM. Not at all.. we don't want that.
The name just came out of former meetings a lot of NEW MINI clubs around Europe had and they all get classic mini's as visitors.. and we all love having them.. unfortunately the other side doesn't feel the same way too... and honestly I don't think it's gonna change.

If I get the time I'm going to the IMM in Spain too. At least to show my respect to that club.

I hope this gives you a bit of insight now .. If you have further questions don't hesitate to ask.
I'd be glad to help. :D

If you want to know who the people behind those meets were?
First of all it were the people of the German MINI IG (new mini forum) who came up with the idea in 2002 and did it again but bigger in 2003. In 2004 it was the (new) MINI power Club from Switzerland.

For 2005 it's the Dutch Mixed MINI Club and Belgian Minifunclub, which are actually both classic mini AND NEW MINI clubs.
They're organising this together with the Belgian and Dutch NEW MINI forums (mini2.be and mini2.nl)

I'm btw the admin on the Belgian site and also the moderator of the European forum at MINI2.com, so maybe my name rings a bell then :D

Nenah
1st December 2004, 09:19 AM
This is the site for Passanger and Car ferry crossings from Scotland to Belgium - http://www.superfast.com/Scotland/English/index.asp

There is a super saver fare for North Sea travel if you book before 1.1.05 - doesnt look too cheap by any means but I couldnt go to a Mini Meet and not take Winnie!! :cool:

sleepyrascal
1st December 2004, 10:48 AM

This is the site for Passanger and Car ferry crossings from Scotland to Belgium - http://www.superfast.com/Scotland/English/index.asp

There is a super saver fare for North Sea travel if you book before 1.1.05 - doesnt look too cheap by any means but I couldnt go to a Mini Meet and not take Winnie!! :cool:

So if you pay for your car to go on, does that mean you have to pay additional money for a bloody seat??

Nenah
1st December 2004, 10:51 AM

So if you pay for your car to go on, does that mean you have to pay additional money for a bloody seat??

I havet looked into too much deal as yet but as its an overnight journey you get a room/bed with your ticket I beleive. I'll do some research and post back soon - not sure if this is the only ferry service from Scotland to Belgium (anyone???) so will suss that out too.

Julz
1st December 2004, 05:10 PM
From what I remember, you have to pay for your car, obviously, then it's up to you whether you want a cabin, big seat, nothing at all etc.. I had to organise this last year from Belgium to get my dad home after a quadruple heart bypass (he lives in France!) now that's complicated, a one-way ticket from Belgium organised by someone living in Scotland, they no understandie!!:p:D

Scottie
1st December 2004, 06:11 PM
This is the only ferry service from Scotland to Zeebrugge.

You pay for the car then extra for either Airplane seat or what type of cabin but a lot of people just crash the night in the bar.

You also have Hull - Zeebrugge by P& O
Harwich - Holland Stena Line
Dover - Calais loads
Euro Tunnell.
I think it all depends on how much driving you want to do in the UK if you use Dover which is the cheapest you have to drive all the way down + petrol + food you only have 1hour rest during the crossing then that's you driving again.
Rosyth is 20 mins away for me a 17hour crossing moderate drinking session then arrival in Zeebrugge it's a good route out to where the meeting is.

Last time I tavelled out Harwich - Holland returned Zeebrugge - Rosyth.

To get the best price on any ferry route is just depends on who you book through.

Nenah
2nd December 2004, 04:42 AM

You pay for the car then extra for either Airplane seat or what type of cabin but a lot of people just crash the night in the bar.

Dover - Calais loads
Euro Tunnell.
I think it all depends on how much driving you want to do in the UK if you use Dover which is the cheapest you have to drive all the way down + petrol + food you only have 1hour rest during the crossing then that's you driving again.
Rosyth is 20 mins away for me a 17hour crossing moderate drinking session then arrival in Zeebrugge it's a good route out to where the meeting is.

To get the best price on any ferry route is just depends on who you book through.

Thanks for the great tips - I dont fancy a long drive to Dover and a 17 hour bar session has my name written all over it!!!;) No need for a cabin for me - I'll sleep where I passout fall :eek: ;)

Peoples - I will do some research on booking agents to get prices and see if there is a group discount available - I will post back here soon-ish. :D

sleepyrascal
2nd December 2004, 05:24 AM
Comendable effort Miss Nenah :D:D

Scottie
2nd December 2004, 05:42 AM

Dover - Calais loads
Euro Tunnell.

Thanks for the great tips - I dont fancy a long drive to Dover and a 17 hour bar session has my name written all over it!!!;) No need for a cabin for me - I'll sleep where I passout fall :eek: ;)

Peoples - I will do some research on booking agents to get prices and see if there is a group discount available - I will post back here soon-ish. :D

apparently accommodation is compulsory. I guess the folk I saw crashed out in the bar were not wanting to share the smelly feet in the airplane seat lounge;)

Anyway the cheapest i can get a quote for is £289.00 but that's with discount not bad considering I pay over £1100 with the Touareg + Caravan:(

weefossy
3rd December 2004, 11:07 PM
Haven't made a desision on this one yet, but we are thinking about it. Will let you know when Sioban tells me what we are doing!!

Morty
8th January 2005, 08:54 AM
Registration has opened !! Registering for the INMM doesn't mean that you have to pay directly.
After we have dealt with your form, we will send you a confirmation e-mail with payment details. After receipt of payment you are fully registered.

Price = 169 euro for the 4 days (2 days activities) in a Center Parcs
Activities, contests, buffet and party on saturday night - Run on sunday and more

Barrie
18th January 2005, 03:34 AM
Hi if your club is attending this and would like to convoy with us from MINI2mini could your events organiser please contact me so we can sort things out thanks

Morty
25th January 2005, 06:47 AM
Just wanted to let you know that the party has been given a theme : Pirates of the Caribbean. Dresscode is not obligatory but would be fun of course :)

A pic of the party location :

http://home.scarlet.be/~mk002491/images/partylok.jpg

sleepyrascal
30th January 2005, 01:00 AM
If there was ever a list for this event, can someone take me off it.

CHEERS

Sleepy

Morty
3rd February 2005, 05:26 AM
You're not on any list of mine Sleepy :)

If anybody would love to come but doesn't want to drive all the way, you can come by plane if wanted. :)
Transport from and to the airport can be arranged