PDA

View Full Version : Individual Throttle Bodies on an R50?

will69176
20th September 2016, 03:12 PM
Its not something I'm considering doing, but something I'm interested in.

Does anyone know of any build threads on any forums, or anywhere i could do a bit of reading about ITB's on minis?

Thank in advance

badwolf340
21st September 2016, 08:00 AM
Its not something I'm considering doing, but something I'm interested in.

Does anyone know of any build threads on any forums, or anywhere i could do a bit of reading about ITB's on minis?

Thank in advance
Not something I have saw on a MINI but a friend did it with his N/A EP3

will69176
21st September 2016, 08:04 AM
Seems common in hondas, I guess they must work well with the vtec??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

craigib76
21st September 2016, 08:21 AM
Apparently it really only works with n/a cars

According to the searches I found it could possibly be done but would cost a lot more than its gains would provide

MINI William
21st September 2016, 08:31 AM
Not something I've seen done on MINIs

will69176
21st September 2016, 10:33 PM
Apparently it really only works with n/a cars

According to the searches I found it could possibly be done but would cost a lot more than its gains would provide

i wouldn't expect it would get near the power of a standard R53, i suppose thats why its not really been done.

Did a bit of looking, looks like a couple have tried it. Jenvey do a kit for it.

I suppose if there was any reason why forced induction wasn't an option it would be worthwhile, is that why rally cars use them?

Mon the fish
22nd September 2016, 05:58 AM
The Dutch lad on MT with the silver R50 I'm sure at least tried this.

Would sound ace but use loads of fuel. Loads of folk have thought about taking an R50 to R53 levels of power, and the answer is always the same - just buy an R53

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

emicen
27th September 2016, 07:35 PM
I think you mean Nic the Greek lad on MiniTorque.

It's not something I would bother with for the marginal gains, even with a nod to the not brilliant plastic manifold design on the R50. The headache of management on dbw throttle is also a consideration.

Mon the fish
28th September 2016, 09:06 PM
Aye that's the fella. Been so long since I've looked at his build thread. Did he ever get it to work properly, with dbw?

emicen
28th September 2016, 10:26 PM
Dunno, I've been pretty delinquent on my forum following for the past 6 months or so and never really followed his build. He used to ask us questions now and then based on what we were doing with the race motors but haven't heard from him in some time.