PDA

View Full Version : The Mrs First Mini Roadtest

JordanHowie
3rd September 2016, 04:05 PM
My better half is after a new car. She's only driven three cars in all her days. Her learner car, the first car she had was a clio. After the clio came her wee fiesta, now the fiesta she has is on its last legs. 70,000 odd miles, terrible judder (flywheel), needs brakes. Basically its going to cost more to fix than its worth.
Anyway...
As I am lucky enough to work for Harry Fairbairn BMW/MINI. Get very good deals via my work (just ordered my Clubman :D)
we took an F56 Cooper S for a spin.
Honestly the best thing I've seen when she planted the boot in SPORT. She's hooked!
On the over run with the pops and bangs she just looked at me like a child at Christmas.
Anyway we're veering more towards the SD as she does a lot of miles and the pops and bangs are nice the MPG figures seem more appealing for her.
This is the spec she fancies:
Cooper SD
Volcanic Orange
Black Cosmo wheels
Black roof and wing mirrors
Media Package.

Probably the best experience I've had in a car. Brilliant :laugh:

jonnie
3rd September 2016, 04:58 PM
Go for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craig
3rd September 2016, 06:41 PM
sounds like her mind is made up and you've picked the best of all worlds to fit your needs ;) as above - GO FOR IT !!

badwolf340
3rd September 2016, 06:50 PM
Sounds like a plan ......get it done :yes nod:

MINI William
3rd September 2016, 07:07 PM
Sounds great. Get it ordered

JordanHowie
3rd September 2016, 09:55 PM
I'll go back to the dealer tomorrow and keep everyone updated!

N16SHP
5th September 2016, 10:07 AM
Yeah, Kirsten drove my old S once and within 3 months I found myself on a train to Manchester to collect her Pepper White MCS!

I've not driven the new diesel but the reviews are favorable. Certainly nothing wrong with that spec either, volcanic orange is a really nice colour especially with the black accents.