PDA

View Full Version : R55/56 induction kit

Adam D
21st August 2016, 10:13 AM
Hi folks thinking about fitting an induction kit to my clubman cooper a and looking for opinions/experiences with them. Been looking at the aem kit as it's seems the better option for getting cold air to the filter but isn't cheap so want to be sure before taking the plunge.

Any info advice is as always appreciated

Thanks

stoney
21st August 2016, 10:20 AM
I ran the aem its a good system but not a lot of noise if i was to do it again i would go alta. Andrew is selling one for a good price if you have a look in the for sale section

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Adam D
21st August 2016, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the advice. Saw that just wasn't sure how effective it was with an open filter in a hot engine bay

badwolf340
21st August 2016, 11:00 AM
I take it you have an S ? (Typo) if you have most people go for Alta to AEM ,both camps have their own reasons for and against .....my vote would never go past Alta ,AEM people have had fitment issues and parts coming apart after a short while ,also Alta fits with OEM MINI strut brace and temps (monitored) are good

MINI William
21st August 2016, 11:04 AM
I would go Alta everyday of the week. If you take the grill out the scoop to open it up it will direct cold air straight to the filter. My R56s ran 1 or 2 degrees above ambient

MINI William
21st August 2016, 11:05 AM
There is an Alta for sale in the for sale section

Adam D
21st August 2016, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the info guys yeh it's a typo, daft auto correct lol. In discussions with people selling both!!

Ahhhh decisions lol