PDA

View Full Version : Nurburgring 2017

M600-RKJ
20th August 2016, 09:29 AM
Anyone on here organised a ring trip in the past. Quite fancy doing this next year. Just wondered what hotels people have used and what the best way of getting over there is. My original idea was getting the ferry from hull but maybe there is a better way. All input welcome.

Thanks Mark

stoney
20th August 2016, 09:43 AM
Ferry from Hull is the best way i think when i have looked t doing it i know Ali and Mon have both done the trip

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

goodingm
25th August 2016, 06:25 PM
Would it not be better going Newcastle to Ijmuiden , shorter drive than going to Hull. Saves probably 130 - 150 miles.

Mon the fish
25th August 2016, 10:07 PM
I've done the Newcastle ferry three times and it's fine. Leaves at 5pm, docks at 10 am. Just over 3 hours to the Ring.

We've stayed at Blaue Ecke in the centre of Adenau, has parking out the back.

It's a long (and expensive) way to go just to do the Ring - by the time you add a bigger room on the ferry, better meal etc it's a lot dearer than folk down south who just get on a train. Make it into a fortnight's road trip IMO.

Wise words above regarding the calendar. I assumed that the current years calendar would be similar to the previous one, and planned to do TF on a Tuesday night when it's quieter, instead of a weekend where it's a bit more mental.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

weefossy
25th August 2016, 10:35 PM
We have always gone via Newcastle and had some good "nights" on the boat....it's part of the trip. Also agree with Mon that "The Ring" should just be part of a longer trip to justify the ferry / travel costs. Last time we carried on down to Lake Garda via the Stellio and other passes. Great holiday. I like to stay at The Pistenklaus and as Ali says, the steaks are a must.

goodingm
28th August 2016, 11:35 AM
Have to agree, it's an excellent service , just hav eto watch you don't hav etoo much fun if you are driving in the morning.

weefossy
28th August 2016, 03:01 PM
Very true.......one year the ferry was delayed about 90 mins. I had 3 pints of Stella before we passed Tynemouth lighthouse:beer:Luckily I wasn't doing the driving in the morning....lol.