PDA

View Full Version : New JCW Countryman

badwolf340
3rd August 2016, 07:58 PM
http://www.motoringfile.com/2016/08/03/video-2017-mini-countryman-jcw-final-testing-nurburgring/

MINI William
3rd August 2016, 10:05 PM
Sounds good. Looking forward to it.

Davesminis
4th August 2016, 10:56 AM
Nice. Like the sound.

AndyP & Lenore
4th August 2016, 03:04 PM
Sounds great. Look good too. But I was speaking with a dealer a few months ago and he was hoping the JCW Countryman would be placed to compete with the likes of the golf R and Focus ST and other emerging seriously hot hatches and it would have circa 300BHP. I always thought it would be unlikely they would give the countryman more Hp than the hatch, but I was hoping they would.

If the interior is as good as the Clubbie it could be a very nice all round package.

MINI William
4th August 2016, 03:14 PM
Sounds great. Look good too. But I was speaking with a dealer a few months ago and he was hoping the JCW Countryman would be placed to compete with the likes of the golf R and Focus ST and other emerging seriously hot hatches and it would have circa 300BHP. I always thought it would be unlikely they would give the countryman more Hp than the hatch, but I was hoping they would.

If the interior is as good as the Clubbie it could be a very nice all round package.

With transmission losses and weight, the hatch will probably be still just as quick. Looking forward to both Clubman and Countryman JCW's. As you say the Clubman interior is far nicer than the hatch

N16SHP
5th August 2016, 09:00 AM
Sounds great. Very interested to see the power output but agree, I cannot see it being massively more than the hatch which is a shame.

AndyP & Lenore
5th August 2016, 07:50 PM
Had a lengthy chat with an experienced salesman today who has lived, breathed and raced MINI's in the SMRC for many years and he said (completely unofficially and all based on internal rumor) that it's the JCW Clubbie which will be positioned in the much higher BPH bracket - circa 300+ BHP.

Countryman is same engine, same output as the hatch etc. But as William said above with the extra weight, 4WD drivetrain etc., the net result is going to be a more sluggish 0-60 than the hatch.