PDA

View Full Version : Smaller supercharger pulley and intercooler help!

JamesFox
26th July 2016, 07:29 PM
Hi guys,

I've recently phoned 1320 to get a smaller supercharger pulley fitted and the uprated intercooler on my R53, however they have a 2 month waiting list and I'm back to Scotland with work in a few weeks.

I was wondering if people knew any other companies that can do the work? Or anyone on the forum who has the skills to do it, as I wouldn't trust myself to attempt that! Haah. I'm down in the south west of England for the next 3 weeks, then up to Scotland until Christmas so anyone around those areas that could help would be amazing!

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

James

EcosseGP
26th July 2016, 08:33 PM
James you could change the inter cooler yourself I've done a few so far without any issues. I can point you in the direction of the garage that sort my car and have sorted pulleys for others on here they're based in the Falkirk area if that's any good to you. They'll change your inter cooler too if you want ...
Very good mechanics and if you mention my name you might even get a hard to beat deal ...

JamesFox
26th July 2016, 08:41 PM
That would be awesome thanks! I'm based in Arbroath so not too far away. I was looking at the GRS Motorsport intercooler, is it hard to do? If you have a number I could give them a call and see what they can do for me, would be perfect!

MINI William
26th July 2016, 10:06 PM
Why not give site sponsors B&M a shout, Douglas will be able to sort you out

Mon the fish
27th July 2016, 06:30 AM
Mind and do the spark plugs when the intercooler is off, saves a job later

JamesFox
27th July 2016, 06:41 AM
Why not give site sponsors B&M a shout, Douglas will be able to sort you out

Awesome, will look for their number now!

EcosseGP
27th July 2016, 07:40 AM
I have the GRS inter cooler on my R53 and that is probably the easiest to swap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JamesFox
27th July 2016, 07:47 PM
I have the GRS inter cooler on my R53 and that is probably the easiest to swap.

Is it a pretty simple swap?

EcosseGP
28th July 2016, 01:23 AM
Yeah it's very simple and the GRS requires no messing about to get it to sit properly.