PDA

View Full Version : F56 Brake Upgrade

Fitlike
13th July 2016, 01:00 PM
Just bought a 2014 F56 and I'm not overly happy with the original brake set up.

At the moment I don't have intensions of attending any track days however I would still like to upgrade my calipers, brakes and discs, any one got any suggestions before I start heading off to Mini and paying for the JCW brakes.

All the best
Kev

stoney
13th July 2016, 01:16 PM
What about braded lines and some good disks and pads a lot cheaper then full set up

Blueboy
13th July 2016, 02:21 PM
Just bought a 2014 F56 and I'm not overly happy with the original brake set up.

At the moment I don't have intensions of attending any track days however I would still like to upgrade my calipers, brakes and discs, any one got any suggestions before I start heading off to Mini and paying for the JCW brakes.

All the best
Kev

My mate Bruce has fitted the big red JCW kit and they are superb, just done a wee bit track time when down at Rockingham and stopped perfect, and also Mintec have the full kit brand new for £1000.00 at least they did have some in stock!

Fitlike
13th July 2016, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the response!

Mini are charging £1200 for all round JCW, including fitting. if I were to go for the Mintec at £1000 I'd still have to get the, fitted. Probably cheaper going for the JCW's.

Thanks, you've gave me something to think about!!

Kev

Fitlike
14th July 2016, 06:57 AM
Thanks for getting back to me!

Now you have me thinking, might have to do a little research on the Mintec's.

Kev

EcosseGP
15th July 2016, 03:38 PM
What you looking for as I have a full set of discs, pads and callipers off a F56S that has done less than 1000 miles .... Fabulous condition.
What I will say be prepared to pay big money for a BBK I've been there and done it ... read my thread and you'll see the issues I had fitting it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MINI William
15th July 2016, 07:36 PM
Only thing about putting the JCW brakes on an F56 is they won't clear the standard wheels. If you look at any of the JCW wheels the all bow out to clear the brakes

Fitlike
17th July 2016, 05:31 PM
Thanks for all the posts guys!

William was correct. just been told by Mininthat my current wheels aren't large enough to fit the JCW brakes.....typical.

Now I'm currently thinking about upgrading my alloys to 18".

Thanks again for all the assistance.

Kev