c9aan
29th June 2016, 05:32 PM
are these worth the money ?

I looked at one yesterday part service history 96k miles

Whats your opinion on these
Thanks

stoney
29th June 2016, 06:02 PM
Take its a GP1 IMO worth every penny i miss mine !!!
What number was it ?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

badwolf340
29th June 2016, 06:35 PM
They are only worth what somebody will pay ,you also have to take into consideration the condition it's in and any tasteful mods or completely standard l think if you get one you will love it

MINI William
29th June 2016, 07:34 PM
Depends on the condition and mileage. Those who have them love them. Loved my R56 GP

Dobboy
29th June 2016, 08:05 PM
Think they are/will be quite collectable now and in the future.

If you want one just to kick it's melter in around the B roads then mileage shouldn't really be a concern, but if I was looking for one to nurse and eventually make money on I'd be looking for a low mileage original car with FSH.

With 96k and only part service history I don't think I'd be willing to pay anymore than £7k, but I'd happily pay over £10k for a one previous owner with less than 50k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marchutch
29th June 2016, 09:12 PM
On this basis, mine is worth 1 groat and pickled egg - and I wouldn't have it any other way [emoji3]

Dobboy
29th June 2016, 09:46 PM
On this basis, mine is worth 1 groat and pickled egg - and I wouldn't have it any other way [emoji3]

It's just my view.

They were made to be enjoyed, not nursed! [emoji3]

c9aan
29th June 2016, 09:51 PM
Its a gp1 I can pick it up for 7k no mods , But I could swap some of my r53 parts over for the engine mods

Thanks for all your help

Dobboy
29th June 2016, 10:16 PM
Is it the one in Ayr?

Dobboy
29th June 2016, 10:19 PM
Is it the one in Ayrshire?

EcosseGP
30th June 2016, 12:39 AM
Manson's is up for sale at the moment too ... http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/mini/cooper-s-works/mini-cooper-s-jcw-gp-------------2006/5708198?v=c

Can't beat a GP I've had two and would have another no problem at all

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

N16SHP
30th June 2016, 09:05 AM
If I had a spare £8-10K in my hipper I know exactly what I'd be doing with it...buying a GP for £8k and blowing the rest on hooke...let's save that for another day.

In my opinion, the GP is and will be a classic. Spending a little bit more now and getting one that is in good nick is the way to go imho. If it's not been too badly abused i.e. stripped of all it's OEM goodies, you can spend time restoring it back to its original self and increase the value at the same time. I've seen a few modded versions advertised where the seller has said, all original parts are still with the car so it's always worth the question to find out.

Just don't do an Edd and Mike from Wheeler Dealers "We're going to keep this as original as possible" and give a Frogeye Sprite air con and a CD/DVD player :hand:

CiderFex
30th June 2016, 01:29 PM
As said before, the value of any car is only what someone is willing to pay for it.
I just would not, and could not, worry about how much 1499 is worth as it took 3 years of designing and building for it to be driven and used.
I know it's each to their own but my own personal view is to use them for what they were built for and not as an investment.

c9aan
30th June 2016, 08:52 PM
yes its the one from Ayr , Thanks for all your input