PDA

View Full Version : Cherished Warranty

CraigR53
28th June 2016, 01:09 PM
This is purely to put my mind at rest as to what Stratstone MINI in Newcastle have just informed me, heres the background:

When I bought my car (Day before Mega Mini Meet 2015) the clutch was slipping, eventually I got it back down to be told the Crank Oil Seal failed and was leaking. Resulting in a new clutch and flywheel coming to around 1k worth of work.

So the day AFTER Mega Mini Meet this year, my crank oil seal failed again. ONE DAY out of cherished warranty.

Although BMW parts have a 24 month warranty, if they have been replaced by BMW under the likes of a cherished warranty, then the part will only be guarantee'd until the end of the warranty it was replaced under.

So I'm in the predicament of having a crank oil seal for around 11 months (11k miles on it) and absolutely no comeback of it failing again.

Am I missing a trick here or is time to get the wallet out?

Fortunately the seal is leaking out (and all over my driveway) and I'm just hoping its not leaking in.

Any comments appreciated!

Ss82
28th June 2016, 01:23 PM
Say u were on holiday n they mighy honour the 12 month warranty

Kettlepot
28th June 2016, 01:28 PM
Unfortunately this is correct.

Sometimes "good will" is taken into consideration due to it being so close to the end of warranty and that a part had been previously replaced. I would argue that if the warranty ran out on a Saturday (midnight) and the fault was there, how could you have informed the before Monday ?

MINI William
28th June 2016, 01:29 PM
Give them a call Craig. Argue the point if need be that it was replaced under warranty and has failed again. Is there another fault that's causing this? Your cars not high mileage.

N16SHP
28th June 2016, 04:21 PM
Give them a call Craig. Argue the point if need be that it was replaced under warranty and has failed again. Is there another fault that's causing this? Your cars not high mileage.

As William has said. To have the same fault within a year, something isn't right. Definitely worth speaking to them and play the good will card.