PDA

View Full Version : Central-locking stopped working🚗

Fraser-OFG
26th June 2016, 02:43 PM
Hi guys, my central locking has stopped working recently. Both keys do nothing at all so it's not just their batteries. The problem started with just the drivers side not locking but now both don't lock or unlock.

I recently sprayed some silicone spray into the window seals to stop them squeaking and this happened shortly after. They seem like they might be related?

badwolf340
26th June 2016, 03:43 PM
Does the locking function work when you insert the key into drivers lock ?

MINI William
26th June 2016, 04:41 PM
Does the central locking work if your using the key in the door? If so I would imagine it's a battery problem

Fraser-OFG
26th June 2016, 04:47 PM
It does work in the door but the alarm goes off so I can't keep doing that forever. I'll have another look at the battery but it looked quite new when I checked a few days ago- is there anything in particular I would be able to look out for?

Fraser-OFG
26th June 2016, 06:03 PM
Also, I don't think this is related at all but I might be wrong. I had disconnect my interior mirror so the wire is no longer connected to anything. It's my first car and I recently just bought it so I'm still quite new to things and a bit unsure. I don't think it's battery related though because there is nothing else to make me think that.

stoney
26th June 2016, 06:51 PM
My have decoded from the car some how from the sounds of it to me

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Fraser-OFG
26th June 2016, 07:27 PM
Right...how much would it be to recode it? Also, would that not cause any problems starting the car or anything like that?

stoney
26th June 2016, 09:55 PM
There is a way of recoding thro the speedo best to you tube it but it could be a number of things

Fraser-OFG
26th June 2016, 11:01 PM
Also noticed today that the flashing red light for the alarm was flickering after the car being left for a while

EcosseGP
27th June 2016, 09:32 AM
All sounds electrical to me ... you able to check the voltage in the battery ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

N16SHP
27th June 2016, 12:13 PM
I could be totally wrong here but is the remote central locking receiver not housed in the mirror or above it?

Fraser-OFG
27th June 2016, 12:40 PM
Yeah man, I took it to a garage today and they thought the same after some diagnostics. Mirror should be back in tomorrow so we'll see if that fixes it.

Fraser-OFG
29th June 2016, 11:35 AM
Got it all back together yesterday but still not working and I've checked today that everything is connected together properly. Is it possible to just take out the fuse for the alarm until I can get this fixed or will that affect anything else?

Fraser-OFG
4th July 2016, 02:55 PM
Just realised I hadn't updated this. Turns out it was just a blown fuse. Probably the first thing I should have checked but at least it was an easy fix.

stoney
4th July 2016, 03:27 PM
Well at least it was a cheap fix