PDA

View Full Version : You just know that it ain't gonna be your day ............

Crombers
21st June 2016, 09:09 AM
Today should be a good day, the start of an 8 day break with a wee trip to London booked for our anniversary. I'd also taken the opportunity to get the MINI booked into Davie's makeup artist for a wee bit of tlc whilst we're away (at this point I should add that Karen did offer to get up early to follow me up in order to give me a run back home. Na! I said, I'll get the train back, the station is nearby, you have an extra hour or two).

However ............ at work this morning around 1am I managed to break a tooth, not nice!
Ran up to Larbert for 07:15 to drop the MINI off & made my way to the station only to find out that today is 'strike action day' ....... brilliant!!
The girl at the station indicated that the only trains were running once an hour from Falkirk High. Larbert Taxi? .......... no luck there. A bus stop was found in the area that took me into Falkirk ........ eventually. Upon arrival in Falkirk I go to find the station only to find out that FH is at the back of beyond so a local Falkirk taxi took me up. Guess what!! I then just missed the next 'hourly' train as it pulled away from the station.

Still waiting & just a tad pi$$ed off, ........ will this day get any better :frown:

PS, betcha if I'd mentioned a train to Davie he would have known about the strike!! doubt he does dentistry mind.

Hippity 'feckin' hop :thud:

EcosseGP
21st June 2016, 09:13 AM
FFS yeah you should've said mate I'd have told you that. I thought your initial plan sounded good last night ! Never change a good plan. Fingers crossed that's the last of the things to go wrong and you get to enjoy the rest of your holidays ...

Craig
21st June 2016, 09:32 AM
Uh oh - not good mate . Enjoy your time off, it can only get better from here [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

badwolf340
21st June 2016, 08:58 PM
Enjoy the trip to London ....and happy anniversary

Big Gordy
22nd June 2016, 07:46 AM
You should have said Crombers :ragin:
I live 5 mins from Larbert station and work in Glasgow......I could have given you a run back :frown:

MINI William
22nd June 2016, 08:37 AM
That's a bit of a bummer. Have a nice trip in London and happy anniversary

Crombers
22nd June 2016, 09:10 AM
You should have said Crombers :ragin:
I live 5 mins from Larbert station and work in Glasgow......I could have given you a run back :frown:

Flippin heck, wish I'd known this. Cheers for the offer Big G :thumbs up:

Eventually got home at 11:30 via booking an appointment (15:30) at the dentist. Temp fix now done & now needing a £££crown :yuk:

Scottie
22nd June 2016, 06:16 PM
I live 2 secs from train station but I wouldnae have given you a lift back. [emoji39]

Big Gordy
23rd June 2016, 08:03 AM
Flippin heck, wish I'd known this. Cheers for the offer Big G :thumbs up:

Anytime bud :smilewinkgrin:

N16SHP
27th June 2016, 09:14 AM
What a nightmare, glad you're all but sorted now! Not quite as disastrous as you, but I lost a filling the day before we went away too. Feels horrible until you get it sorted.

Hope you had a great trip and the car is looking great once you're back!

Crombers
27th June 2016, 07:06 PM
I live 2 secs from train station but I wouldnae have given you a lift back. [emoji39]

Cheers Fi :thumbs up: