PDA

View Full Version : F56 JCW Challenge

DigitalLemming
15th June 2016, 09:01 AM
For years MINI tuners have been applying the magic formula of a limited slip differential, lighter wheels and a coil-over suspension. And for years it’s transformed the MINI into a track machine with vastly more performance than anything the factory has every produced. Now MINI is getting into the game. Introducing the UK Exclusive MINI Cooper JCW Challenge with fully adjustable suspension, JCW Pro exhaust and lightweight Team Dynamics wheels. What we’ve always waited for.

http://newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6539&d=1465977664

Read More (http://www.motoringfile.com/2016/06/14/official-premier/)

What does everyone think? Anybody eyeing one up?

N16SHP
15th June 2016, 09:31 AM
I was just looking at some pictures of that this morning. Question is, can you change the spec inside? I get that most will buy this car as a pure honed Mini, however for me, I'd still like some modern comforts like upgraded media, climate control etc etc which then begs the question, why not just get a standard JCW with the toys you want? It's quite appealing on the eye but again, it's nothing that cannot be done without some vinyl and different running gear. Unless it's a GP3 I'd be sticking with a regular JCW.

EcosseGP
15th June 2016, 09:50 AM
I think they've made the colours right although I think they could have come up with better or different graphics (rather than using the Detroit kit - although might mean they'll have it for sale as a kit). Not sure I like the half hearted stripes down the back of the car though. Not so sure either about the rear trim being gloss black thought they'd have stuck a colour coded diffuser on it to tidy it all up.
I think if you're buying the car for what it is being limited edition and there only being 100 then they'll probably sell ... apart from that it's not for me.
You could probably add the graphics, wheels and LSD to a better spec'd JCW for less than the asking price. I think MINI are trying to hard to put out limited edition models as stop gaps between the GP ..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

badwolf340
15th June 2016, 10:11 AM
Well ....quite like it bit of a bummer that it has no options to choose from as I Would have liked the Chrono pack ,can take or leave the graphics but will it sell ...yes it wll

weefossy
15th June 2016, 07:09 PM
I like it :thumbs up: but as others have said would miss some "home comforts".
Does it give a decent option of wheels for all F56's?

badwolf340
15th June 2016, 08:37 PM
I like it :thumbs up: but as others have said would miss some "home comforts".
Does it give a decent option of wheels for all F56's?
2 sets of wheels with car ,track spokes and team dynamics 1.2 (I think)

MINI William
15th June 2016, 09:50 PM
I really like the JCWC, I don't like that a track focused car is missing the Chronopack but it's one of these things. On the whole it's a big thumbs up from me. I think it's got all the right boxes ticked to make it work

DarnShiv
30th June 2016, 12:08 PM
They had number 01 at Goodwood on the Mini stand, it looked good. According to the info board it was £32K. Internally it did look a bit plain without the visual boost pack.

badwolf340
30th June 2016, 01:12 PM
They had number 01 at Goodwood on the Mini stand, it looked good. According to the info board it was £32K. Internally it did look a bit plain without the visual boost pack.
And where are the pics :yes nod:

badwolf340
3rd October 2016, 06:04 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5WtAAhD2zJU&feature=player_embedded
review of JCW challenge

Ivano
5th October 2016, 02:32 PM
We have a customer at Giffnock with one of these on order. think we had to jump through hoops to get one for the customer!

M600-RKJ
5th October 2016, 02:57 PM
I watched the review but i havent really read much into the spec of the car. It says it gets upgraded brakes. What are the upgrades pads and lines? Does seem afwully expensive for a badly speced modified jcw. I dont agree with their argument of they limited the options to save weight. The only real weight saving are tge 1.2s and they have made no difference since the car is heavier than a jcw. A gt3 porsche is a lot more expensive than a carrera s because it gets a power upgrade, a tweaked chassis and its lighter. Cant justify the price no matter how i look at it. Glad that Mini are willing to run projects like this but certainly doesnt tempt me out of 32k

badwolf340
5th October 2016, 07:14 PM
I watched the review but i havent really read much into the spec of the car. It says it gets upgraded brakes. What are the upgrades pads and lines? Does seem afwully expensive for a badly speced modified jcw. I dont agree with their argument of they limited the options to save weight. The only real weight saving are tge 1.2s and they have made no difference since the car is heavier than a jcw. A gt3 porsche is a lot more expensive than a carrera s because it gets a power upgrade, a tweaked chassis and its lighter. Cant justify the price no matter how i look at it. Glad that Mini are willing to run projects like this but certainly doesnt tempt me out of 32k
It's always going to be a marmite car ,those that want it will get it ,others will think it's not worth it ,I think that the parts fitted are worth it the GP's cost 30K and that was over 3 years ago ,will we see many on the roads ...probably not but that can only be good for the people who "get it"
brake upgrades are pads and discs ,mechanical diff ,Nitrons ,2 sets of wheels and tyres ,pro exhaust and other pro parts ,carbon scoop mirrors just a shame they left the Chrono pack out

M600-RKJ
5th October 2016, 08:29 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161005/f1f7df1f06774cc111cccc37c3fe54a8.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161005/bc81abd4f55ba767ccded6b197334379.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161005/abda96b4d2921a1fb8be58f2714f1acc.jpg

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

MINI William
5th October 2016, 09:58 PM
It's always going to be a marmite car ,those that want it will get it ,others will think it's not worth it ,I think that the parts fitted are worth it the GP's cost 30K and that was over 3 years ago ,will we see many on the roads ...probably not but that can only be good for the people who "get it"
brake upgrades are pads and discs ,mechanical diff ,Nitrons ,2 sets of wheels and tyres ,pro exhaust and other pro parts ,carbon scoop mirrors just a shame they left the Chrono pack out

Not a bad way to spend £32k if you ask me

sharpm
26th April 2017, 07:51 PM
Here's mine, just arrived.......

MINI William
26th April 2017, 08:24 PM
Looks great

badwolf340
28th April 2017, 06:26 PM
Cracking car :thumbs up:

illegalhunter
15th June 2017, 11:17 PM