PDA

View Full Version : JCW Countryman and bike rack

Niallp
6th June 2016, 01:33 PM
Not sure if anyone has looked at this but can't find a discussion on it. I've just recently purchased a JCW Countryman and I was looking at getting the bike rack for the rear but the car doesn't have the bike rack prep. Apparently no JCW Countryman's have the bike rack prep. I spoke to the local dealer and they have apparently retro fitted one but it is not cheap to do. Has anyone done this or have any recommendations?

Thanks

bpirie1000
7th June 2016, 09:48 PM
Niall.. I have fitted a tow bar to mine and have the back brace bar for the fitting of the BMW prep kit.. Wiring ain't that big a deal.

Can speak when I eventually get round to see the classic....

Niallp
8th June 2016, 10:53 AM
That would be great. No rush as we have not been around much lately anyway.

I am free this weekend if that works for you but almost into July after that. 2 weeks ago I was sure I was going to sell the classic but now not so sure.

bpirie1000
9th June 2016, 09:19 AM
Will give you a shout over weekend.. Might just work for me..

spin round the block will make you keep the classic......

Niallp
9th June 2016, 09:55 AM
Ok - just text me if you think you will be able to make it. Usual family stuff like shoe shopping for ever growing kids but should be around.

Niallp
25th June 2016, 12:46 PM
Brian,

I have just tried to get a saris bones bike rack for either of our cars but they won't fit. Happy to take the countryman to you to discuss if that helps as we go on holiday in 3 weeks. The classic is less of an issue at the moment. I am free most evenings this week coming if that helps as I know weekends are difficult with the kids.

Just need to explore all options and quite quickly.

Thanks

Niall

bpirie1000
3rd July 2016, 09:37 AM
Just got this now..

i end up putting a tow bar on mine(hours job) then got a universal ball hitch rack for the bikes...

Niallp
25th July 2016, 01:08 PM
Finally went for bikes on the roof and it worked well. Once my sons bike is big enough I will get all 4 on the roof leaving plenty of room for other luggage. We got 4 bikes (my sons was taken apart and put in the boot) and a large suitcase and 3 other bags in the boot.

All this and got a mini adventure instead of taking my passat :smilewinkgrin:

N16SHP
26th July 2016, 08:48 AM
Nice!

Having owned a CM for 3 years I can safely say that boot arrangement must have taken some time to get right :D

Niallp
26th July 2016, 12:40 PM
Nice!

Having owned a CM for 3 years I can safely say that boot arrangement must have taken some time to get right :D

It wasn't too bad. My sons bike and helmets went under the flat section and the bags went on top. The parcel shelf stayed at home but still had more visibility than a Paceman. ;)

N16SHP
27th July 2016, 09:57 AM
Parcel shelf on our CM spent more time in the garage than on the car :D

We never had the split floor boot, looking back it might have been a good add. Not to worry now, the Superb could probably take my Coop and still have space for a case or two! Miss the CM though.