PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear

N16SHP
2nd June 2016, 04:35 PM
I cannot believe it is Thursday and no one has mentioned the new season of Top Gear and also the fact they're putting the stars in an F56 Cooper.

I know it's hard to judge the show based on one episode but for me there was a lot to like, but also felt like not enough had changed. I guess in truth, the three amigos "were" Top Gear and their new show on Amazon I'm sure will be pretty good so although it's unfair to draw conclusions, they will be drawn. However, I said on here previously I was growing tired of the predictable nature of what was about to happen so I'm hoping the new faces will remove that from the show. Lets be honest, Eddie Jordan is far from predictable so looking forward to his input. In the same vein, I don't want it going back to being a weekly car show where they only drive Mondeo's and Passat's. Dare I say it, I thought Fifth Gear actually had that balance just about right.

Evans I thought was possibly a little bit too excited and I really hope he settles down over the course of the shows. He is a true petrol head but that doesn't automatically make him a great presenter. I remember way back to when they started this new version of Top Gear and there was a guy who only lasted one season before being replaced by James May so we know if it's not working, changes will be made.

Interested to hear peoples thoughts.

CiderFex
2nd June 2016, 05:25 PM
I like Matt, he's stupid and funny, but I fear that it will just turn into Evans showing off just how rich his mates are eg Ramsey and his La Ferrari and his soon to be La Ferrari Spider, next week Eddie Jordan and whatever stupidly expensive 4x4 he is driving and who knows who he'll have on in the coming weeks.
I really want to like it but I can't get past Evans' attitude of "I'm stupidly rich and can do want I want".
I know that Clarkson has a similar attitude but he had built his career over years of car journalism as opposed to Evans who now thinks he a car journo after blowing £12m on a Ferrari and another 6 rare Prancing Horses that are sat in his garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CiderFex
6th June 2016, 10:37 AM
Methinks it should be renamed "BBC Pay For Chris Evans & Freinds To Do Stuff They Could Easily Afford To Do Anyways....."

The only bit I really liked was when Jenson was describing just how good the interior of the McLaren was as he was thrashing the life out of it.
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

N12 JLK
6th June 2016, 01:02 PM
love Top Gear, last night was crackin.

Andrew4071
6th June 2016, 03:37 PM
Only good bits were the picture of the mini convertible and the mini on the track. Why go all the way to south Africa to do something they could have done here. I hate cris Evans he just brags about cars he is a crap test driver . Jeremy Clarkson wouldn't have needed someone else to drive the car with the driving aids off he would have ripped the tyres off it and controlled it and why take three people with them waste of the BBC's money

N16SHP
7th June 2016, 09:15 AM
Only good bits were the picture of the mini convertible and the mini on the track. Why go all the way to south Africa to do something they could have done here. I hate cris Evans he just brags about cars he is a crap test driver . Jeremy Clarkson wouldn't have needed someone else to drive the car with the driving aids off he would have ripped the tyres off it and controlled it and why take three people with them waste of the BBC's money

I hate to burst the bubble here but whenever you see the guys hooning around the track and it's an outside shot, 99% of the time it's not them. I've met Ben Collins and listened to his talk about his time with TG. Yes they are better drivers than most but all the beautiful sideways action for the cameras, not them I'm afraid.

DigitalLemming
4th July 2016, 03:32 PM
Chris Evans steps down from Top Gear (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36707266)

I'm happy about this as long as they promote Chris Harris to the main presenter slot alongside Matt Le Blank I think it can work :thumbs up:

CiderFex
4th July 2016, 05:08 PM
I'd be VERY surprised if they make another series to be honest.
Matt was O.K, Chris Harris and the other bloke, apologies I'm no good wi names, were decent enough at presenting a driving to make it work but I still fear that just o'er 2m viewers won't be enough to keep it going.

EcosseGP
4th July 2016, 05:30 PM
^^^ I'm with you Pete too. I'm surprised he decided to walk given how much stick he's taken over the series but I don't think that he was the right presenter for the job. If they can't find a decent presenter for the next series I think that'll be it too. Guy Martin ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ss82
5th July 2016, 11:01 AM
Mr bean for presenting :)