PDA

View Full Version : Wax and polish,

Ianstwt_r59
28th May 2016, 01:19 PM
What car cleaning products are everyone using to get ready for the current show season?

Craig
28th May 2016, 01:32 PM
A combination of AutoGlym Super Resin Polish, AS Topaz and Angelwax Guardian ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

badwolf340
28th May 2016, 05:59 PM
A variety of products from 50 Cal to DoDo juice, auto finesse poor boys ..you name it

Crombers
28th May 2016, 07:08 PM
Auto Finesse, Fairy & Clay for this perfectionist :thumbs up:

EcosseGP
28th May 2016, 07:47 PM
^^^ don't forget tar remover Alan. I'll not pop up my list it'll go on for pages. I'd personally find something that you like Ian and stick with it. There's so many different products that you can buy and they "overlap" each other that potentially you end up buying a very similar product twice.
First look to see what you want from the product Ian and then buy accordingly. There's loads of polishes and waxes and you don't need to spend big money to get a great finish ...

mini1974
28th May 2016, 09:30 PM
Just started using Poor boys polish and sealant. Can say these are really good products.

CiderFex
29th May 2016, 06:47 AM
I'm on a VERY shortened list this year thankfully.
[emoji1303]
I'll be only be using a Farécla Clay Mitt, which I'll use with Meguiars HyperWash Shampoo when cleaning 1499, and then it'll give it a wipe o'er with some Farécla G3 Turbo Detailer.
If I need to top up the shine and protection I'll give it another coat of Collinite 476S at some point in the year.
[emoji4]

Ianstwt_r59
29th May 2016, 08:53 AM
My car has never been clay barred, so am I better using the bar or the glove? Or does it matter?

Craig
29th May 2016, 09:37 AM
A clay glove/mitt/cloth is much faster than a clay bar... With a glove your car will take about 20/30 mins to do whereas with a clay bar, you could be up to 2 hours depending on how bad your car is...

EcosseGP
29th May 2016, 09:45 AM
My car has never been clay barred, so am I better using the bar or the glove? Or does it matter?

A glove / mitt is far quicker as Craig says but if it was just to do your car I'd use a bar. It's cheaper and if you're only going to do it once a year (all that's required) seems pointless spending money you don't need to on a mitt. Need to watch you don't scratch the car using a mitt on first use .. Start with the windows. Just my opinion on it

N16SHP
1st June 2016, 03:56 PM
As others have said, it's all down to personal preference. Even the very best detailers have their favourite products and processes. I was quite heavy into car care when I had my first Mini but shelved most things when I had a couple of company cars for two years. It has amazed me how many new products are out there in that short space of time, such as the clay mitt. However, after getting hold of some sample sizes of the new products, I still find myself reverting back to what I used before because it's tried and tested and I love the results.

I have however added some new bits and pieces to my kit such as Autofinesse Avalance as a pre-foam. However I tried their wheel cleaner and found myself returning to Bilberry as I felt it just worked better. In terms of wax, it all depends again on what you prefer. I use Collinite 476s. It's technically more suited for winter as it's thicker and longer lasting which is great for the road salt but it works for me all year round. As my paint is pretty new I don't bother with much else. I use Megs #7 show car glaze then stick the collinite on top. Have a play yourself and see what works best for you colour combo.