PDA

View Full Version : R50 Cooper remap??

Ss82
22nd May 2016, 12:54 PM
Is it pointless remapping the r50? Whats achievable gains wise?

Crombers
22nd May 2016, 02:45 PM
If memory serves me correct it's the MINI One that benefits a re map. The Cooper is basically a tuned R50 (One) from the factory.
People have gone down the Cooper extra power route at great expense but imho it would be best considering trading to an R53 'S' as your best option if you want the added straight line speed. A facelift model is best, post July 2004, 170 plus bhp as standard.

I've gone down the exhaust / filter route on my R50. The K&N 57i induction kit (air filter) probably adds 0.5 bhp but sounds much better (a simple K&N panel filter would probably add a little bit more).
The exhaust I have is a complete Playmini system. Manifold & sports cat fitted to a stainless steel slash cut back box. It certainly adds that extra bit of pulling power (& sounds much much better) and looking at the old manifold compared to the Playmini one you can literally visually see where the standard set up is restricted in order to comply with noise/emission targets.

MINI William
22nd May 2016, 03:06 PM
Exactly what Crombers has said. The Cooper doesn't have much extra left to give without spending mega money

Ss82
22nd May 2016, 03:17 PM
Cool cool cheers lads thought that too haha gonna stick a cone on it n better feed but think itll b gettin punted soon if the wife agrees haha its her car after all

emicen
22nd May 2016, 04:29 PM
~20hp is easy enough with exhaust, filter and remap. The willingness to rev at the top end is the most noticeable difference.

Ss82
22nd May 2016, 04:34 PM
I drive it like that haha but dont think the wife does tho haha

Ur cars looked mad haha

Big Gordy
24th May 2016, 10:15 AM
Our One runs an MTH map giving 137bhp which is about the max the 5 speed gearbox will cope with without giving issues :Whistle:
It now revs like a nutter above 4K (will pull 90mph in 3rd....!!) :thumbs up:

EcosseGP
24th May 2016, 02:09 PM
^^ Think someone else's will be following suit very shortly [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CiderFex
24th May 2016, 03:00 PM
All bets are off for who that may be Davy.
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy-Mac
16th June 2016, 07:49 PM
Our One runs an MTH map giving 137bhp which is about the max the 5 speed gearbox will cope with without giving issues :Whistle:
It now revs like a nutter above 4K (will pull 90mph in 3rd....!!) :thumbs up:

More info on the MTH remap please :thumbs up: how much and where?

Big Gordy
21st June 2016, 06:16 PM
More info on the MTH remap please :thumbs up: how much and where?

Jings......there's a question:confused:
Strange one this......it was Sully in Aberdeen that organised a group buy of these at 50 euros IIRC but that was for the map that took it to Cooper spec ie 115bhp approx.They made a mistake and sent me there BIG ONE map which gives 137bhp approx. TBH I don't even know if MTH are still on the go.....it was a German guy Sully was corresponding with at the time......sorry I've not been more help :blush:

Jimmy-Mac
9th July 2016, 03:38 PM
Cheers bud I will do some digging :thumbs up: