PDA

View Full Version : Hey! Englishman living in Arbroath

JamesFox
21st May 2016, 09:14 PM
Hey all,

I'm new here! Was recommended to come on over from Mini Torque. Ive got a 54 plate Cooper S R53. Ive currently changed to a stailess steel manifold and sports cat, and a stainless exhaust along with an ITG panel filter.

I've ordered some ST XA coilovers and some braided brake lines which will be fitted next weekend. I'm also going to make my own Dave F induction kit, using my airbox and a cone filter. I'm looking to fit an aero front bumper, which will be ordered in a week or so.

Any advice with tip/tricks or things to look out for on the coilovers fitting would be appreciated! Along with anyone who has contacts to a decent body shop on the east coast.

Anyway, I've gone on a bit!

James

EcosseGP
21st May 2016, 09:51 PM
Welcome along James and good to have another R53 enter the fold.
Sorry can't help you with body shop info up your way but feel free to check out the meets and social section ... pop along and say hello [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craig
21st May 2016, 11:27 PM
:welcome: James - old school is the way to go :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crombers
22nd May 2016, 03:15 AM
Welcome to NMSland :saltireflag:

CiderFex
22nd May 2016, 06:07 AM
Hi James and welcome to NMS.
[emoji4]
It's nice to see another English R53 owner join in the madness.
[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

badwolf340
22nd May 2016, 08:19 AM
:welcome:James get some pics up of the car ,the fitting of the coilovers should be easy enough if you have access to a reasonable tool kit and just take your time if they are adjustable for firmness ,decide on how hard you will set them and do a base setting before you fit them (mainly for rear setting as a pain to adjust after fitting)

MINI William
22nd May 2016, 09:09 AM
Welcome to NMS. As above take your time and in sure you will have no issues. Have a look at the meets and social section and get yourself along to a meet

stoney
22nd May 2016, 09:29 AM
Welcome

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

JamesFox
22nd May 2016, 09:47 AM
Cheers guys! It's good to be over here. I will get some pictures next weekend when I've done the coilovers etc and given it a clean! Ye I will have a go at adjusting them before I've got them on, thank for the advice!

MrMischief
23rd May 2016, 04:50 PM
If you need a decent garage in Arbroath, Checkpoint are superb!

JamesFox
23rd May 2016, 06:05 PM
Ok brilliant! May have to check them out soon.

N16SHP
24th May 2016, 09:05 AM
Welcome along to NMS James!

jonnie
24th May 2016, 11:55 AM
Welcome James.

JamesFox
24th May 2016, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys!

mada
24th May 2016, 11:19 PM
Hey James, nice to see you on here now too!

I know of a good painter in Stonehaven, Steve Reid http://www.stevereidautobody.co.uk

I know my uncle uses him a lot for the cars they get into their garages if they need stuff doing

if you need a hand with anything let me know!