PDA

View Full Version : F56 JCW production

F56Kyle
21st May 2016, 08:17 PM
A few of you may know, that I've had a placed an order for my JCW..

So, the delivery date was originally estimated at roughly around he end of this month start of next month.

I received an email yesterday telling me that production has been delayed for another 2 months and won't be seeing it til the end of July!! Could greet!

Apparently, it has been delayed due to the factory that produces the MEDIA XL screen. The factory that makes these screens has been affected in the Japan earthquake? Whether or not this is true or not I'm unsure!

Anyone else know if this is true or got the same problem with a production date?

Craig
21st May 2016, 08:34 PM
That's a shame - will be all the sweeter once it arrives [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DigitalLemming
21st May 2016, 08:35 PM
I've heard the same thing about the Media XL screens, seem to remember it effects other BMW models as well.

JCW production in general is reduced until the end of the year, bad for those who are waiting on one, good for those of us who got in just before it happened!

F56Kyle
21st May 2016, 09:12 PM
Scheduled for 19/07/2016.. This will be a long wait, tbf, I did get my cooper 2 weeks early!

Surely they would keep a stock of them if they are mass produced though?

MINI William
21st May 2016, 09:28 PM
If you do a factory tour you will find out why BMW don't keep stock of such items. The logistics is amazing.

But yes sadly the factory was effected by the earth quake it's effected production of other cars as well ☹️

DigitalLemming
21st May 2016, 10:02 PM
Scheduled for 19/07/2016..

I'm sure time stopped when I was waiting for mine to go into production, it only gets slower when you know it's on it's way as well!

Surely they would keep a stock of them if they are mass produced though?

Like William says they don't keep a stock of them, they work on a Just In Time basis so the parts arrive where they're needed, when they're needed. Mainly because they don't have the space at Oxford for them, it means that parts arrive at the factory a couple of hours before they're actually fitted to your car. Quite amazing how it works so smoothly.

The factory tour is amazing and well worth a trip :thumbs up:

F56Kyle
22nd May 2016, 12:51 PM
It's a shame on everyone who has specced their JCW with MEDIA XL! Just hope the delivery date I've been given now doesn't change to a later date in the year!!

Eddie_JCW
22nd May 2016, 03:24 PM
It's a shame on everyone who has specced their JCW with MEDIA XL! Just hope the delivery date I've been given now doesn't change to a later date in the year!!
I know! How dare they have an earthquake lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

F56Kyle
22nd May 2016, 08:28 PM
I know! How dare they have an earthquake lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Shocking eh..

N16SHP
23rd May 2016, 08:56 AM
What a nightmare. You are so right about time slowing down when you are waiting for the call and then when you know it's a few days away it gets worse. Don't even plan on sleeping the night before :D

F56Kyle
24th May 2016, 09:11 PM
What a nightmare. You are so right about time slowing down when you are waiting for the call and then when you know it's a few days away it gets worse. Don't even plan on sleeping the night before :D

The worst thing about it.. I work on them every day and always have the salesman checking what stage it's at, hasn't moved for about a month and a half!!

N16SHP
25th May 2016, 06:03 AM
The worst thing about it.. I work on them every day and always have the salesman checking what stage it's at, hasn't moved for about a month and a half!!

Aw no, that's even worse!! Look at it this way though, you'll definitely be the first to know once there is movement. That said, a wee wa it is healthy, you'll love it even more once it arrives!

F56Kyle
28th May 2016, 12:31 AM
Aw no, that's even worse!! Look at it this way though, you'll definitely be the first to know once there is movement. That said, a wee wa it is healthy, you'll love it even more once it arrives!

Very true I will, I'm asking every day if it's changed yet but it's going very slow! It's moved to scheduled for production so right now my new car is probably a box of bits sitting in Oxford plant lol!