PDA

View Full Version : Roof Bars R53 - Wanted or Hire?

MJSDanger
17th May 2016, 07:23 PM
Hello all.. I'm looking for (cheap) roof bars for my R53. As you will gather, they are obviously the ultimate pinnacle of style and mods that can be done..

:Whistle:

That.. or I'm going on holiday mid July and need to fit more than a small bag of sweets in the boot!

Or.. if you have roof bars and don't want to part with them, I'd gladly hire them for one week (July 11th ish)?

Thanks

N16SHP
18th May 2016, 09:17 AM
I may be speaking a complete load of rubbish here, and someone with an R53 or better knowledge than I may be able to confirm or deny, but aren't the roof bars for the R53 permanent i.e. they are screwed into the roof? Meaning hiring is probably not an option.

mada
18th May 2016, 01:13 PM
I have a thule roof rack for the r53, it doesn't need drilling to the roof, only the official mini one needs drilling to the roof.

sadly I'm using it for holiday the week your needing it too :(

would be good to see where you are from so people have an idea!

MJSDanger
18th May 2016, 06:06 PM
Aye, Halfords do the Thule. You buy the feet, clamps, and bars all separately, think it works out around a couple hundred if I remember right..

EcosseGP
18th May 2016, 08:21 PM
John has a roof rack on his and bars for cycles to be put on I'm sure. It does secure via the roof gutter but I'm sure there are also pads that are pushed up against the roof

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

N16SHP
19th May 2016, 05:30 PM
Have you thought about renting one from a local supplier? For example Autosave in Aberdeen do roof rack and box rentals at an extremely good price so there may be someone local for you that could do the same?

MJSDanger
19th May 2016, 06:30 PM
Was bidding on one last night that I lost out on. I went to £50 with 15 seconds to go, but was auto outbid.. However, I did find a set from Menabo that rrp for about £60-70 on Ebay and Amazon.

My mate has a roof box I can borrow, so I'll likely just buy the bars. The mini I bought is near mint, so I'll likely be holding onto it for a while anyway