PDA

View Full Version : New Intercooler

Gasmark7
12th May 2016, 06:46 PM
Hi guys. I have a MCS R56 and have already had a stage 1 remap from Chris Knox. I'm thinking about getting an Airtec intercooler next. My question is. Will I have to get her remapped again. Will I notice any difference.

Thanks

badwolf340
12th May 2016, 09:51 PM
I would not have thought so ,but sure that Chris will be able to answer that one better

MINI William
13th May 2016, 08:05 AM
Wouldn't imagine so, but I'm sure Chris will be along shortly to answer your question. I never got the GP remapped after fitting my Airtec

ELFMAN
14th May 2016, 04:12 PM
From my experience, the Forge intercooler and Milltek downpipe were worthwhile mods on my R56 MCS before I had it remapped.

The bigger cooler, as mentioned, keeps the intake temp lower for longer this maintaining power where it would drop off with the standard setup. I saw a comparison graph before i got mine fitted and the Forge held the temperature down significantly at higher revs, so you should have more available power.

What I'm not entirely sure about is whether the remap is different for an uprated intercooler or whether the remap is identical and the cooler just makes more of it. I'm sure Chris could clarify this. When you see aftermarket remapping 'packages' there's always more power and torque stated with an intercooler and downpipe fitted. But whether that's down to these bits alone or the remap envelope can be pushed a bit more when you fit them, I'm not sure.

I can say that my setup works very well and was a joy to use on the Heartbeat Tour over the last few days.

Gasmark7
14th May 2016, 10:27 PM
Thanks guys. I'll pm Chris and see what he thinks

Gasmark7
21st May 2016, 12:30 PM
Can't get hold of Chris. If anybody knows him could they give him a wee heads up. Thanks

Ss82
21st May 2016, 01:52 PM
Iv not heard back from him even his post on his sections no been answered so think he much b busy lol

MINI William
21st May 2016, 05:16 PM
I've messaged Chris letting him know your wanting to speak with him

Ss82
22nd May 2016, 12:22 AM
Got a nice wee pm today cheers bud