PDA

View Full Version : What's everyone up to today??

Julz
28th September 2004, 06:57 PM
Well, besides sneaking on here when I'm not supposed to, my tasks for today include.... redesign of 3 roundabouts on the A90 at Dundee, and trying to get our computer network problems solved, someone really should complain to our IT Manager about that..... hang on, that's me!!:evil: Fun day for me then..... come on, someone cheer me up and tell me they've got a crapper day ahead of them than me (plus, the morning has gone REALLY slowly:mad:)

Eggy7496
28th September 2004, 07:04 PM
well julz im hungover after a student night out last night - beach have special promo's 4 students - 50p vodka !!! some git bought 20 shots o vodka for a tenner between the 5 of us. not good like. so im feelin a wee bit crapy too! anyone got paracetemols?

The Dogfather
28th September 2004, 07:07 PM
I'm waiting for a call from Arnold Clarks so I can tell them to stick the Fiesta up their @rse.

Beyond that I've got a meeting to discuss merging offices and website development plan. Tonight I'll be watching the Liverpool in the Champs League.

Scottie
28th September 2004, 07:09 PM
Well I'm just back from holiday and have a week to catch up. Today I am balancing the bank accounts against the sales ledger. Keeping a eye on my depots who are switching over to broadband
which went belly up last week arranging our christmas night out which the girls are giving me a hard time about and sourcing a place for our management conference for BP in November and reading this site.

Heather
28th September 2004, 07:11 PM
Well there has just been a power cut in the hospital and all the machines went dead, luckliy none of the patients did.:eek: Lots of jags, blood and puss to deal with. Just a normal day in the NHS. Hmmm nice:D:p

Julz
28th September 2004, 07:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by Eggy7496

well julz im hungover after a student night out last night - beach have special promo's 4 students - 50p vodka

Damn you bloomin' students (not that I'm jealous or anything!)

So it's an exciting day for everyone then!! I've just managed to jump the queue on getting our office upgraded from lead pipes to Cat5 structured cabling for the network... woohoo!!:D:D:D:D

Starky
28th September 2004, 07:45 PM
quote: Lots of jags, blood and puss to deal with. Just a normal day in the NHS. Hmmm nice:D:p

Thank god I ate my brekky a couple of hours ago....Ugh! :p

Fontal
28th September 2004, 08:09 PM
Well my day has been very BORRING so far but all is going to get better i'm about to go and climb to the highest point on site and jump off (absail rope access)

The Dogfather
28th September 2004, 08:13 PM
Julz - Can you design the roundabouts with a special MINI only lane, so that MINI onwners can use this to test the limits of the car's grip?

Julz
28th September 2004, 08:19 PM
I wish, but there are talks of eventually revamping the whole of the Kingsway in Dundee and I've already suggested installing a lane especially for dittery farts to get them out of my way!!:evil:

The Dogfather
28th September 2004, 08:24 PM
Good idea, you'll need to talk to Blackpool Council as well. One of the reasons I haven't arranged a run along typical MINI roads whilst we're down there is the number of muppets that drive about the town. Oh! And the 50 odd speed cameras!

Smurf
28th September 2004, 08:31 PM
Trying to make a map for a customer who wants dealer locations marked on it, but can't tell us where they are.....:blackeye: Doh...

Also trying to find time to start off another project which is due for completion before Xmas. Due to start yesterday! oops...

Ignoring the HUGE pile of paperwork I also have to deal with. :eek:

Leaving 2 hours early to get more physio - ouch :(

Gismo
28th September 2004, 08:42 PM
I've been in Vetco Gray's yard searching for casing spools and x-mas tree's ;) other than that, reading programmes, surfing and NOT selling an album on eBay :mad:

Steve74
28th September 2004, 08:49 PM
Back to work in London! Work, work work...

Duncan Stewart
28th September 2004, 08:58 PM
I've just been in a 3 hour long, put you to sleep meeting - Yawn!
Julz - all they seem to do on the Kingsway is dig up the middle of the roundabouts (causing traffic choas), then put it back again!

Steve74
28th September 2004, 09:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

Julz - all they seem to do on the Kingsway is dig up the middle of the roundabouts (causing traffic choas), then put it back again!

You should see central London. With the millions of bendy busses with not a sole in them and whole roads closed without workmen on them!!! Ken's putting up his congestion charge again!!:evil::evil::mad:

Julz
28th September 2004, 10:30 PM

Don't worry, it's the three on the A90 as you leave Dundee heading for Forfar!!:clown: And it won't be the middle of them, it'll be the approach roads (adding the odd extra lane here and there and widening the ones that are already there!)

Scottie
28th September 2004, 10:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by Steve74

You should see central London. With the millions of bendy busses with not a sole in them and whole roads closed without workmen on them!!! Ken's putting up his congestion charge again!!:evil::evil::mad:

Think that's bad you should have seen New York last week with the UN thing going on it was a night mare. Roads Closed everywhere then fires coming out off the manhole covers it was scary.

Duncan Stewart
28th September 2004, 11:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz
Don't worry, it's the three on the A90 as you leave Dundee heading for Forfar!!:clown: And it won't be the middle of them, it'll be the approach roads (adding the odd extra lane here and there and widening the ones that are already there!)

Superb! :p So many road changes now just seem designed to increase congestion.
Should have known that with Julz on the case it would actually speed things up :D ;)

Steve74
29th September 2004, 12:02 AM

quote:Originally posted by Julz

Superb! :p So many road changes now just seem designed to increase congestion.
Should have known that with Julz on the case it would actually speed things up :D ;)

Did you hear that Edinburgh and Glasgow traffic controllers were in trouble last week for trying to out-compete each other in trying to create the biggest traffic jam!

Gismo
29th September 2004, 12:06 AM
Ended up in a meeting and missed out on bidding for the star wars trilogy on DVD, signed by Mr Vader himself :mad:

Julz
29th September 2004, 12:26 AM

It was much worse when I used to work for Perth & Kinross Council!!;):evil: