PDA

View Full Version : Clubman cooperD

mcrorie123
20th April 2016, 10:27 PM
What kind of bhp could you achieve from a tuned cooperD I take it there pretty easy to tune? Also is a clubman as good to drive as a hatch? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craig
20th April 2016, 11:43 PM
Sorry I can't answer either of those questions as I've not had either, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly to answer [emoji2]

badwolf340
21st April 2016, 06:43 AM
The Clubman is a great drive ,but like most things depends on what you are looking for? On the bhp front you would be better off contacting one of the tuners and see what they recommend. Not sure of figures but you should end up with very good torque figures which is more important than bhp figures.

mcrorie123
21st April 2016, 08:00 AM
Cheers.

MINI William
21st April 2016, 09:06 AM
Won't get great gained bhp figures compared to what your torque figures will go to :yes nod:

Track Ali
21st April 2016, 11:01 AM
What kind of bhp could you achieve from a tuned cooperD I take it there pretty easy to tune? Also is a clubman as good to drive as a hatch? Cheers

According to Superchips (http://www.superchips.co.uk/search?make=23&fueltype=2&model=337&variant=2351) you should see a gain of 30bhp and 67NM of torque bringing you to a total of 140bhp(ish) and 337NM. As has been said the torque figure will be the dominant factor when it comes to on-road performance. Objectively you'll probably find it similar (if slightly slower) to a standard Cooper SD but the tuned Cooper D will likely feel faster as aftermarket tunes tend to be more aggressive than factory software.

In terms of Clubman v Hatch... the Clubman has a longer wheelbase and so will be more stable on turn in and at higher speeds. Some might like this whilst others might find it detracts from the liveliness and "chuck ability" of the regular hatch. That having been said it's still a MINI though so the differences are relatively minor and it will still be great fun to drive.

Hope this helps :thumbs up:

mcrorie123
21st April 2016, 11:15 AM
Thanks for that.