PDA

View Full Version : Traders making money on postage charges

Blueboy
11th April 2016, 05:00 PM
One thing that really pees me off is when you buy something on line and the trader is making money on the postage charges! Recently bought a gear knob from GTT who said it sat lower than the standard one, and looked quite nice. When I got it it said on the info included that I would have to cut the original shaft, but I wasn't wanting to do that so got in touch and sent it back. When it came I was charged £11.00, expensive for a wee parcel which was in an old brake pad box, taped up and in a fed ex plastic jiffy bag, and it was on a 48hr deliver. I returned it at the post office on a 24hr delivery signed delivery for £4.40! Big difference and puts you off buying from them in the future!

EcosseGP
11th April 2016, 05:50 PM
Paul that's does my head in too. It's just ripping folk off. I hate the fact that some companies add VAT on the total too including the postage which they shouldn't either. I wonder where they get the postage charges from sometimes ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

badwolf340
11th April 2016, 06:00 PM
what realy does my head in ,is buying in the USA or similar and getting hit for customs charges which royal main have paid for you and if you do not pay them ...back it goes

maxibaby
11th April 2016, 07:00 PM
what realy does my head in ,is buying in the USA or similar and getting hit for customs charges which royal main have paid for you and if you do not pay them ...back it goes

And it's not only that, Brian, you've no choice as to WHO actually clears it through customs if the seller is arranging shipment.
I dislike Royal Mail, coz they've really ramped up their charges, admin fees and so forth, irrespective of how little duty their is to pay. Once last year, their admin fee doubled the total cost of importation.
You've also usually paid duty in the country of purchase too, only to pay again bringing it into UK...[emoji35]

Blueboy
12th April 2016, 06:13 AM
I got a reply from them usual BS saying blah blah blah, talking about packing material when he stuck it in an old brake pad box and wrapped it like pass the parcel in brown tape and stuck in a fed ex bag like I said and he talked about petrol charges when I know that the parcel firm pick up! I love their stuff but will be giving it a miss unless picking up a second hand bargain !!:ragin:

stoney
12th April 2016, 07:59 AM
You see I'm on the fence a bit here I don't take the piss for postage charges but tape shrink wrap ect do all cost money and need to be covered.

If I get people who don't want to pay post and packing I just add it on to the price of the belt first.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

N16SHP
12th April 2016, 08:45 AM
Yeah again, not taking sides because I am a serial moaner about postage costs, but my old work used to use Fed-ex and the charges were unbelievable. I can remember sending a door name plate, so something that is say 20cm long by 5cm wide and weighs no more than a couple of grams, next day delivery to the highlands...£27.00! I about fell off my seat. A standard sized box of binder covers to Kazakhstan...£320. The worst part about that one was it never even made it past customs because the company who ordered it didn't want to pay the bribery charges at customs, insane.

The one that really urks me to the point where I had a major rant on their facebook page is Ticketmaster. So you buy 2 tickets at say £40 for a gig, then there is 2x service charge at £5 and then I need to pay them, wait for it, £2 just to print off the tickets using my own ink and paper. Away and get tae Ticketmaster you scamming bunch of...

MiniSnaps
12th April 2016, 09:28 AM
I queried Lohen about that, £10 postage on a Cravenspeed GoPro mount, which weighs no more than a dvd, after a bit of grumbling they reduced it to £4.50, which was still nearly £2 more than it actually cost to ship...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk