PDA

View Full Version : Newbie on the lookout

Adam D
4th April 2016, 09:37 PM
Hi folks, joined the forum recently as I'm looking to replace my audi tt roadster with a more sensible r55 clubman. Haven't decided on what engine/spec I'd like to try and get but if anyone can pass on their knowledge and experience of what to look for when buying one it's greatly appreciated

badwolf340
6th April 2016, 07:09 PM
:welcome:What sort of spec are you after Adam ,petrol or diesel a one or a JCW . .

MINI William
6th April 2016, 07:37 PM
Welcome to NMS Adam. As above what sort of spec you looking for?

Craig
6th April 2016, 07:48 PM
:Welcome: Adam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonnie
6th April 2016, 08:04 PM
Welcome Adam. Circumstances dictate that im also considering changing my r53 for a clubman so i will be following your journey with interest. Enjoy NMS, im sure you will get all the help you need.

stoney
6th April 2016, 08:14 PM
I had a FJCW and loved it would havd another in the drop of a hat. I would say if you can afford it and wanting an S or above go for the face lift N18 eng as the N14 is bad of carbon build up on the N14

EcosseGP
6th April 2016, 11:06 PM
Welcome along Adam. I'd have a clubby at the drop of a hat even more so now that I had a wee run out in the Clubvan last week it's really made my mind up that I'll be getting one next ... but sell the R53 !! I'm not sure I could do that right now lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blueboy
7th April 2016, 06:53 AM
I've got a Cooper Clubman and love it but am thinking of selling as I miss the rawness of my R53 S

Crombers
7th April 2016, 07:24 AM
Welcome to NMSland, you'll get all the help you need in here :saltireflag:

EcosseGP
7th April 2016, 09:21 AM
I've got a Cooper Clubman and love it but am thinking of selling as I miss the rawness of my R53 S

^^^ oh no Paul so soon too. Back to an R53 per chance ...

Blueboy
8th April 2016, 07:07 AM
^^^ oh no Paul so soon too. Back to an R53 per chance ...

Aye just miss the noise and the go kart feel of the S, no hurry to sell though, always looking for a wee cheap one to have as well as the Clubby :cool:

Adam D
8th April 2016, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys, I've not really set my mind on anything particular yet. I don't do a lot of miles so doesn't have to be diesel although the sensible bit in me thinks a diesel would be best lol.

Adam D
8th April 2016, 03:13 PM
Think it will be probably be a cooper either petrol or diesel although haven't ruled out an s although it's the n14 models as my budget won't stretch to a newer one

badwolf340
8th April 2016, 06:19 PM
Think it will be probably be a cooper either petrol or diesel although haven't ruled out an s although it's the n14 models as my budget won't stretch to a newer one
Plenty out there ,take your time and pick the best

Adam D
8th April 2016, 07:03 PM
That's my plan badwolf. Would rather sell my TT first than end up with 2 cars lol

EcosseGP
8th April 2016, 08:05 PM
^^^ that's a pity as Spud has just traded in his R56 to HF, Kirkcaldy. Electric blue with white roof and relatively low mileage. Give them a ring they may be able to assist if it's an R56(S) you're looking for ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Adam D
10th April 2016, 08:43 AM
It's always the same EcosseGP. Will hopefully have my TT up for sale this week so can start looking properly then

digi
10th April 2016, 10:03 AM
if you can find one at least have a test drive in a jcw coupe or a roadster . they will posibly be the closest to your tt

Adam D
10th April 2016, 10:17 AM
To be honest digi I'm selling my TT as I need something a bit more sensible to run alongside our family car. I need something I can get my valeting/detailing and pdr gear in if I need to and occasionally take the kids in but still want something a wee bit different. A lightly modified clubman kind of ticks most boxes

Jemreid
25th April 2016, 08:05 PM
Hi folks, joined the forum recently as I'm looking to replace my audi tt roadster with a more sensible r55 clubman. Haven't decided on what engine/spec I'd like to try and get but if anyone can pass on their knowledge and experience of what to look for when buying one it's greatly appreciated

I just bought my first mini after years of looking I can honestly say I don't miss my old car (Nissan juke) I took my time and found my wee one by accident was literally looking randomly in garages and knew I had to buy her!! Good luck on the hunt finding your one!! [emoji1305]

Adam D
10th May 2016, 09:32 PM
Not been on for a wee while but I finally have my mini!!!!! Lol

Had almost written off getting one in the spec I wanted. Wanted brown/black exterior with brown leather. Had been looking for a while and there were a few but all down south. I didn't want to buy one before I'd sold my TT but when a cooper s in the right colour and spec came up for sale not far away I had to go for a nosey. Mileage was higher than I wanted but with a folder full of receipts it had clearly been looked after so a deposit was left and it was picked up today.

Now to get the TT sold and the mini adventure can begin

stoney
11th May 2016, 07:21 AM
Not been on for a wee while but I finally have my mini!!!!! Lol

Had almost written off getting one in the spec I wanted. Wanted brown/black exterior with brown leather. Had been looking for a while and there were a few but all down south. I didn't want to buy one before I'd sold my TT but when a cooper s in the right colour and spec came up for sale not far away I had to go for a nosey. Mileage was higher than I wanted but with a folder full of receipts it had clearly been looked after so a deposit was left and it was picked up today.

Now to get the TT sold and the mini adventure can begin
That's good news enjoy the car

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

N16SHP
11th May 2016, 09:23 AM
Excellent news. Look forward to seeing some pictures of the car.

Hope you have many happy miles in it.