PDA

View Full Version : Sports or Decat

Tambett
3rd April 2016, 09:44 PM
just wondering what everyones opinion is on the matter i cant decide whether to go decat or sports cat. is there a big difference performance and noise wise ?

Tambett
4th April 2016, 06:52 AM
Yea the noise on the motorway could be an issue for me this is the bringing it all together part, ive already got an aem induction system and airtec intercooler so the plan is the sports or decat then go for the map

stoney
4th April 2016, 07:59 AM
Hatch I would go decat. Clubman I would go sportcat
I ran both on a FJCW clubman I much preferred the sport cat the decat only lasted a month !

MINI William
4th April 2016, 08:29 AM
I had a decat on my R56 GP. Loved the sound that it gave from the car. But as Ali says it may be a bit much if your using your car daily and a sports cat would give you the best of both worlds

Tambett
4th April 2016, 11:34 AM
Think I might go sports, watching one on eBay just noticed its a r56 jcw one and mines isn't a jcw are they the same ? Thanks for the help guys ��

badwolf340
4th April 2016, 01:09 PM
Think I might go sports, watching one on eBay just noticed its a r56 jcw one and mines isn't a jcw are they the same ? Thanks for the help guys ��
All R5x turbo all the same

MINI William
4th April 2016, 01:27 PM
Why not speak to site sponsors Orranje as they sell both Decats and Sports cats

Tambett
4th April 2016, 03:20 PM
Gonna have a bid on this one get a deal maybe if not just gonna get a new one

EcosseGP
5th April 2016, 01:26 AM
Why not speak to site sponsors Orranje as they sell both Decats and Sports cats

as if by magic they might even be able to sort you a wee discount too [emoji106]

Blueboy
5th April 2016, 06:13 AM
Friend has just got a load of work done on his clubby including decat and it is a nice noise with standard exhaust

ELFMAN
6th April 2016, 02:24 PM
I'm happy with my Sports Cat/Downpipe. Sounds nice (I think!) and not loud enough to be annoying or attract unwanted attention...

bullet
16th April 2016, 06:49 PM
just wondering what everyones opinion is on the matter i cant decide whether to go decat or sports cat. is there a big difference performance and noise wise ?
+1

Tambett
18th April 2016, 08:36 PM
After reading through my cars history I've discovered that it has the pre-cat section removed in the cat, has anyone else had this done I've read a few posts on sites saying it increases the flow by quite a bit.
Greatfull for any help. E mailed the previous owner for info but had no reply, a guy called Colin Gerrish dunno if he was on here before.
Tam