PDA

View Full Version : Dr Colorchip OR Chipex OR OEM touch up paint???

gauldrymini
29th March 2016, 11:24 AM
...as per thread title, has anyone used any of the stone chip products available?
If so how did you get on?

Cheers
Andrew

MINI William
29th March 2016, 11:39 AM
I used Dr Colorchip on my R56 GP and had great results

Catster
29th March 2016, 11:41 AM
Andrew I'd just use touch up stick. I just stick to the things I know ... It's never easy to get a stone chip filled properly sometimes unless you wet sand the stone chips down after you've filled them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craig
29th March 2016, 11:53 AM
Used Dr Colorchip on a few MINIs and it worked well. It doesn't "fill" them it more colours them the same as the car to hide them a bit more. Depends how deep the chip is tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gauldrymini
29th March 2016, 12:04 PM
...thanks for the replies so far

The chips are on the VW, one in particular is a brute, nearly down to metal...:thud:

Big Gordy
29th March 2016, 12:19 PM
Dr.Colorchip is dead easy to use and with great results. We have them for the Mini, Audi and Subaru :thumbs up:

rpn
29th March 2016, 07:02 PM
I used Chipex on my wife's BMW (white) and found it's easy, quick and with great result.

Blueboy
30th March 2016, 08:04 AM
Every vehicle I've had I always get a touch up tin at autopaints in Thornton as its matched to your vehicle exactly and made up for you, either a tin or in a spray tin

gauldrymini
30th March 2016, 12:37 PM
So most folks have used Colourchip and got on OK...
Cheers for the replies, kit seems to be around £50, need to see if company will stretch to that and I can drop the labour charge :smilewinkgrin:

N12 JLK
30th March 2016, 02:29 PM
Touching pen works Best for me with cocktail stick, I wait a week then buff them.down

Bryce
31st March 2016, 12:33 AM
ChipEx is far better. Their unique blending solution allows you to build up then flush the paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk