PDA

View Full Version : sidelights not lighting up when unlocked

M600-RKJ
4th March 2016, 11:15 AM
I ve had my mini for slightly over a year now. In the last month or 2 ive noticed that my sidelights no longer come on when the car is unlocked ive played around with the setting on the trip screen and they seem to be in the right setting for them to come on. Anyone had a similar issue.

gauldrymini
4th March 2016, 11:29 AM
...do your interior lights come on? If not you might have to switch them on...worked for our MINI

M600-RKJ
4th March 2016, 01:32 PM
...do your interior lights come on? If not you might have to switch them on...worked for our MINI

Yeah interior lights all come on. Thats why im confused. My number plate lights dont come on either. Until i put the key in

Craig
4th March 2016, 01:36 PM
Fuse ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M600-RKJ
4th March 2016, 01:40 PM
Cant imagine its a fuse just because they work fine when the car is running or if just the accesory is turned on

Craig
4th March 2016, 02:24 PM
Ah - yeah sorry didn't read that right.. Very strange indeed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eddie_JCW
4th March 2016, 02:53 PM
Auto headlights switched on? ;)

M600-RKJ
4th March 2016, 06:32 PM
I havent got auto headlights. But i run with headlights on 90% of the time.

bpirie1000
4th March 2016, 06:36 PM
does the parking light work? ( leave indicator on, as if parking in dark country road? )

M600-RKJ
4th March 2016, 09:12 PM
Havent tried it ill give it ago

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah parking lights work. All the functions of the lights seem to work but they just dont come on when i unlock it they used to ive no idea whats happened

N16SHP
7th March 2016, 10:27 AM
We had exactly the same problem with Kirsten's CM. Did everything that you did and still couldn't get them to come on. Never got to the bottom of it so can't give you much help I'm afraid. Bizarrely it started after her can had been in for a service so I started wondering if something had been knocked but like you, realised they were on fine when driving!

M600-RKJ
7th March 2016, 11:01 AM
It was serviced in july but its its only in the past few months thats its been happening. I wondered if it might be because i put in canbus numberplate lights. I was also gunna try using the spare key. Not sure wether or not that would make a difference

Eddie_JCW
7th March 2016, 11:38 AM
It could well be down to the number plate lights but it'd be worth trying the spare key first