PDA

View Full Version : Supaguard supplies?

G2 - S
25th September 2004, 08:29 PM
HI all,

Where can I buy more Supaguard shampoo etc from online? I'm assuming the dealer (JC's Aberdeen) is very expensive & I'd like to buy a large quantity of the shampoo so I don't need to buy it regularly.

Any suggestions?

Eggy7496
25th September 2004, 10:21 PM
i'm in the same boat, my pack has nearly all ran out, however i have a supaguard supplier guy (well sort of) i can maybe get stuff for ya. i cant say who or were as the guy would loose his job. i can find out for ya though?

Julz
27th September 2004, 04:15 PM
:eek:Shame on both of you!

WUL people wanting non-Megs products, shall we shoot them now or make them walk the plank later??:clown:

Wul
27th September 2004, 04:17 PM
PAH! supaguard poopaguard! ;)

Once the try the real thing they'll never turn back! :D

Eggy7496
27th September 2004, 06:29 PM
mmm very interesting, whats the real thing?

Gismo
27th September 2004, 06:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by Eggy7496
<cough-meguiars-splutter>

monkimagic
27th September 2004, 06:49 PM

Cue the Raging Wul :mad::mad:

All Jokes aside Meguiars is pretty special ;)

Monki

Eggy7496
27th September 2004, 07:12 PM
is Meguiars a car cleaning product?

Gismo
27th September 2004, 07:18 PM
:evil: Meguiars (http://www.meguiars.co.uk) ;)

MartinSullivan
27th September 2004, 07:53 PM

its so much more than just a car cleaning product - its an entire way of life :D

Julz
27th September 2004, 09:21 PM
Life, The Universe and Meguiars;)

G2 - S
27th September 2004, 09:32 PM

i'm in the same boat, my pack has nearly all ran out, however i have a supaguard supplier guy (well sort of) i can maybe get stuff for ya. i cant say who or were as the guy would loose his job. i can find out for ya though?

Hi there,

If you could find out that would be great. Looking for a few litres of the green shampoo (acid rain neutraliser). The pack given to me has lasted a month so far and is almost finished. Maybe I wash the MCS too much. Hmmm....

G2 - S
27th September 2004, 09:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

This Meguires malarky -

whats the shampoo like?
Does it foam?
Aren't there a few different shampoos by them?
Which would you recommend?
How does it work with the supaguard finish?

Eggy7496
27th September 2004, 09:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by G2 - S

This Meguires malarky -

whats the shampoo like?
Does it foam?

We cant use anything more than the supagaurd stuff on our cars as it voids our warranty on it, but how do they know? but again, why take an un-needed risk?

Julz
27th September 2004, 10:44 PM
You'll probably find that the Megs is better anyway!! And who's gonna know what shampoo you use, do they have spies?? Plus, the supaguard has probably been washed off by now anyway, whereas Megs leaves your car with an almost grime repellant surface!:D:D

Scottie
27th September 2004, 11:34 PM
The damage had already been done by getting the car supagaurded.

I had that done to one of my previous cars it was a big HUGE mistake.

Wul
27th September 2004, 11:54 PM
Yup - the general consensus on the detailing forums is that supaguard is a waste of money.

Someone has posted this link in the meguiars forum link (http://www.clean-image.co.uk/paintsealant/index.htm) so you can have a read if you wish.

My opinion (for what it's worth:D) is that for £200 you could buy a lot of good quality products which will produce a far better shine than a sealant. However they won't be as durable. It's up to you what you wan't - a really shiney car which takes a wee bit more looking after or a pretty shiney one that needs special products used on it.

The decision is yours but as Julz says - the megs products are not harsh in any way so should do no harm to your supaguard treatment.

AndyP & Lenore
28th September 2004, 07:36 AM
We put Supaguard on our Merc when we got it and had it taken off 6 months later. It really is pants. We put Jewelultra - Diamondbrite on instead. It is a far better treatment system.

Still got Supaguard on the Mini. No point taking it off as we plan to change in the new year to a Cooper S Auto box - when they release it.

Never used Maguaires (sp?) shampoo but I do have a spray gun of their bug and tar remover and it works very well.

Jewelultra Diamondbrite is the bees knees!

AndyP

Eggy7496
28th September 2004, 05:10 PM
sorry guys i disagree about supaguard, ive never tried the other products mentioned so I take your word, ive never had a problem with it so far and dont think i will. i find it excellent when your car is dirty and its been rainin, when the rain stops it leaves ur car gleemin!! (apart fae the alloys.) however i did manage to get it done for a great price of £0, woo! (ats prob why i like it so much) Done by one the best car garages in abs too! In this world its not what you know, its who ya know. lol;);)

Scottie
28th September 2004, 06:33 PM
Sorry still think it's rubbish. Nothing can beat a good paint job and a fine coat of polish.

Julz
28th September 2004, 06:39 PM
Megs has a very similar effect, but with the bonus that each of their products smells like a different sweetie, although once the car has been washed and polised, a trip to the shops for a bag of dolly mixtures is essential!!:I But if you got it for free, you can't complain!!;)

Eggy7496
28th September 2004, 06:44 PM
i know, can only smile (doing that right now)

Tahra
28th September 2004, 07:26 PM
I think I should speak up for those of us who've gotten lazy....... We got Scooby Supaguarded when we bought it last October and although I did wonder if we'd been conned - it must be a pretty good repellant, cos I still havent finished the first bottle of shampoo !!!:eek: Guess the colour helps to disguise the odd dusty bit.

If I ever finish my bottle of Mer ( only used on the tank at the moment ) Ill give Wul's wonderstuff a try.

Mini Me
28th September 2004, 08:23 PM
you can buy direct from supaguard,i will get the number and post back on here tomorrow.I'ts not expensive........

Mini Me
28th September 2004, 09:21 PM
if you phone supagauard on 0141 633 5933,you can mail order 2 bottles at a time(minimum)cost£24.95 but you can mix and match,1 shampoo,1,interior cleaner or 2 shampoo,.......

G2 - S
29th September 2004, 05:47 PM
Thats very expensive for shampoo!

Eggy7496
29th September 2004, 05:58 PM
thats too expensive, ill see if i can get it cheaper

G2 - S
29th September 2004, 07:06 PM
Cheers Eggy. Met Bad Dog Mini the other day to sell him my side skirts and he mentioned you were a good guy so I trust you will be able to do me a deal!!!

Julz
29th September 2004, 07:10 PM

Cheers Eggy. Met Bad Dog Mini the other day to sell him my side skirts and he mentioned you were a good guy so I trust you will be able to do me a deal!!!

Crawler!!;):D

Eggy7496
29th September 2004, 07:11 PM
cheers BDM, thats brought a smile too my face! yay! was feelin sore-slept we ma contacts in yesterday so there currently glued to my eyes-ouch!

Julz
29th September 2004, 07:16 PM
Tried and tested method of removing contacts that are stuck to your eyes.. hammer and chisel, that's about all that'll get 'em off, but keep blinking!;) (I have sympathy for you here, I have a problem with removing mine when slightly drunk, hand and eye co-ordination is essential for such a task, but non-existant when tiddled!!:dead:)

G2 - S
29th September 2004, 07:24 PM
I know how you feel! Sore peeling them off when they're glued on!

Eggy7496
29th September 2004, 07:30 PM
ill call the guy at my break, what exactly is it that u want? just the shampoo?

G2 - S
29th September 2004, 07:33 PM
Yeh, just the shampoo. Probably look for some of the alloy protector in a few months but that may just need to be from Supaguard direct. Shampoo is my main need.

Eggy7496
29th September 2004, 07:41 PM
i think i can get a bottle for £5 for ya. let me confirm though

G2 - S
29th September 2004, 07:45 PM
If thats the case can you get a few? Presume you mean the 600ml bottles?

Eggy7496
29th September 2004, 08:39 PM
i just know so far that its the supaguard shampoo bottle

Sheilz
30th September 2004, 06:42 AM

This Meguires malarky -

whats the shampoo like?
Does it foam?

We cant use anything more than the supagaurd stuff on our cars as it voids our warranty on it, but how do they know? but again, why take an un-needed risk?

i've got supaguard but use maguires products all the time. I use the three stage system but miss out stage 1 since the car is only 7weeks. Stage 2 & 3 add a superb finish. There's no way they could tell if you're not using their products. Only maguire stuff which I've found to be tun of the mill is the wheel cleaner - no better nor worse than anything else. I use mag polish and wax finish on my wheels too. It saves them getting mucked so quickly. I spend ages washing and polishing my car, its my therapy!
:D:D

Eggy7496
30th September 2004, 04:59 PM
is maguires a cleaning brand like autoglym?

G2 - S
30th September 2004, 05:49 PM
Yeh - same idea. I've never been convinced by it but I'm tempted by the shampoo.

Eggy7496
30th September 2004, 05:53 PM
everyone is givin it good feedback, potential purchase. lol

G2 - S
30th September 2004, 05:57 PM
I just wish someone would tell me more about which shampoo is best - seems like there is a few types on their website!

Eggy7496
30th September 2004, 05:58 PM
at the end of the day dont they all do the same job? but which is best lol

i bet everyone says meguires- well they already have, lol

G2 - S
30th September 2004, 06:04 PM
I meant - which meguires shampoo is best?!

* Car Wash Shampoo and Conditioner
* Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo and Conditioner
* Car Wash Soap

etc etc

Scottie
30th September 2004, 06:28 PM
[/quote]

i've got supaguard but use maguires products all the time. I use the three stage system but miss out stage 1 since the car is only 7weeks. Stage 2 & 3 add a superb finish. There's no way they could tell if you're not using their products. Only maguire stuff which I've found to be tun of the mill is the wheel cleaner - no better nor worse than anything else. I use mag polish and wax finish on my wheels too. It saves them getting mucked so quickly. I spend ages washing and polishing my car, its my therapy!
:D:D

If your car had been Supaguarded what is the point of polishing it with any type of polish:blackeye:

You want get a good result with that stuff on.
[/quote]

MartinSullivan
30th September 2004, 06:29 PM
G2-S (and anyone else) I think the current consensus of opinion is that the NXT range of Meguiars is the best. The shampoo is fantastic !!! ;)

Julz
30th September 2004, 06:38 PM
All the megs stuff is of superior quality although I still use a different bug & tar remover cause the one I use has polish in it, but their best has to be their latest products in the NXT range, the shampoo is the biz as is the polish! And you can't beat their tyre shine stuff, smells like the sherbet you get in the plastic tubes, I think they're still called whips <oo-er>:eek::I

Eggy7496
30th September 2004, 08:45 PM
julz is it megs u sed to clean ur car on the foto i saw on your gallery with 2 girls posin on BabyB?

Julz
30th September 2004, 09:56 PM
Yup, that's the stuff!!:D

G2 - S
30th September 2004, 10:07 PM
so - best place / cheapest to get NXT Megs Shampoo?

Eggy7496
30th September 2004, 10:21 PM
G2 - S, take a look at julz gallery and check out how shiny her car is !

Julz
30th September 2004, 11:41 PM
The Meguairs Effect (http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/Julz/29079.jpg) (the car, not the skinny things either side of it!!):D

G2 - S
30th September 2004, 11:42 PM
That is so Tidy!

Also, the car looks good.

Where do you buy it from? Just Autosave?

Julz
30th September 2004, 11:53 PM
I got the NXT stuff when I was at the F&M show in Abs, but you can get it in Autosave, that's where I normally buy it from!!:D

Wul
1st October 2004, 04:26 PM
Here's another example of the Meguairs effect - NXT Tech wax:

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/Wul/29035.jpg

needless to say this was taken before the B&Q incident :(

Julz
1st October 2004, 05:10 PM
Ooooo, shiney!!:D

Eggy7496
1st October 2004, 05:27 PM
very shiny, were's auto save?

Eggy7496
1st October 2004, 05:30 PM
G2 - S how about this for supaguard!!

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/17184/45350.jpg

Eggy7496
1st October 2004, 05:33 PM
or even this!

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/17184/45482.jpg

Julz
1st October 2004, 06:41 PM
Found this (http://www.coolnew.co.uk/product_details.asp?id=238&type=4) on the Cool New site, but Autosave in Abs can be found here (http://www.autosave-scotland.co.uk/branches2.cfm?y=Aberdeen);)

Wul
1st October 2004, 07:21 PM
That's a good deal on cool new :) I've used all those products and they are good - although the picture is of a different kit.

Eggy7496
1st October 2004, 07:29 PM
i thinkim gonna stick to supaguard until all my stuff runs out