PDA

View Full Version : Anything to look out for on my Cooper S?

AndyM
24th February 2016, 08:21 AM
So I've had my mini now for a few months which I bought with no service history (yes I know this may come back to haunt me) and wanted to ask if there's anything I should be looking out for that will need replacing? It's an 05 Cooper 2 with 72k on the clock?

Any belts etc.. that are likely to snap or go wrong? Major services? It doesn't appear to use a huge amount of oil but I do check.

Also who would you recommend any local garages for any work to be carried out in the Midlothian area? (barring the Mini dealers)

Thanks

Andrew

Craig
24th February 2016, 09:18 AM
If you have no history, I'd getting the timing chain and tensioner assembly replaced asap. Prob best to get it in for a general service and check over to see what's what as although it's got no history, someone may have looked after it, but at least you'll know if anything else needs done...

Midlothian - tynecastle garage in Edinburgh get a good name, or if you want to travel a little Burgoynes at Airth have worked on mine and a few others and done great work... [emoji106][emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndyM
24th February 2016, 09:30 AM
If you have no history, I'd getting the timing chain and tensioner assembly replaced asap.

Any idea of cost for such a job?

Thanks

Craig
24th February 2016, 10:31 AM
The parts aren't that expensive, however i don't know the total cost as I've always had other work carried out at the same time. A quick phone call to one of the garages should be able to quote you as its a common change [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk