PDA

View Full Version : Silly question time ...

AndyM
23rd February 2016, 11:04 AM
Silly question time ...

Can any Mini garage (such as Eastern Mini, Edinburgh) source any mini from the approved mini website?

Andrew

EcosseGP
23rd February 2016, 11:36 AM
Yes, however some are reluctant to do it and may charge you a "carriage" fee or ask for a deposit against the vehicle before doing so. It doesn't really help them for sales figures and can be a lot of hassle and that's sometimes the reason why they are reluctant to do it. Can you not contact the selling garage direct ? I did a deal for my F56 with MINI dealership in London and it was the easiest discussion, sale and collection that I've been involved with ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

N16SHP
23rd February 2016, 12:36 PM
Agreed Davy. We bought Kirsten's Mini from Bluebell in Wilmslow and it was a piece of cake. We bought it second hand which is always a risk I suppose but I made it very clear and put it in writing that I wanted the car to arrive and be completely smoke and pet free, if it was not then I would simply be telling the chap on the transporter to turn around and take it back. Although circumstances meant we actually ended up collecting it because altered travels plans so we could go and collect it, I still stood by the pet/smoke free thing and the guy said to me if I wasn't happy, he'd pay for my flight home.

Buying new is even easier. Our new Skoda Superb is coming from Kings Lynn. By going down there to get it we're £80 cheaper a month for exactly the same car so over the course of the agreement we're saving over £3k.

However to strictly answer your question, I've found dealers reluctant to help with sourcing cars from other dealers. John Clark were quite open and said they have a relationship with a few dealers where they trade cars mutually but others are a nightmare to deal with so they rarely do it.