PDA

View Full Version : Help Please. Very Urgent

Gasmark7
22nd February 2016, 04:51 PM
Afternoon all. Just had a phone call from the garage to say they couldn't fit my new Hel braided lines without changing all the brake lines as well. Can this be true? They've put the new discs and pads on but no braided lines. Car is a 2007 Cooper S R56. Ah don't know if they've even changed the brake fluid. ����������

CiderFex
22nd February 2016, 05:44 PM
I had my brake lines swapped for Hel braided lines with no other parts needed at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DigitalLemming
22nd February 2016, 05:50 PM
Same as Pete, I had my Goodridge lines put on no bother, nothing else needed.

emicen
22nd February 2016, 06:42 PM
What exactly did they say?

Not being able to fit braided hoses without changing the rest of the lines doesn't make sense, unless the existing lines are crusty as hell and the reckon undoing the old hoses will leave them banjo'd.

(Double pun not intended but a pleasant coincidence)

badwolf340
22nd February 2016, 06:43 PM
Afternoon all. Just had a phone call from the garage to say they couldn't fit my new Hel braided lines without changing all the brake lines as well. Can this be true? They've put the new discs and pads on but no braided lines. Car is a 2007 Cooper S R56. Ah don't know if they've even changed the brake fluid. ����������
I would think that the garage are not correct ,why would you need to change other lines :thumbs up:

Gasmark7
22nd February 2016, 06:56 PM
Just back. Apparently they couldn't get the hoses disconnected from the brake pipes without ruining them as they were corroded though I wasn't able to see it. Couldn't risk rounding the nuts. Quoted me another £350 + vat to fit new lines and my hoses. I'm not a happy chappy. Feel the jobs not done.

stoney
22nd February 2016, 07:25 PM
Not good hope you get it sorted soon

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

CiderFex
22nd February 2016, 07:27 PM
Sorry to hear about your woes.
I hope you get it sorted cheaply and quickly.

bpirie1000
22nd February 2016, 08:59 PM
Which garage was it and where are you?
Sure someone here could assist or point you in right direction.

if your local to me easy enough job to do..just a time consuming job..

Gasmark7
22nd February 2016, 09:43 PM
Took it down to the BMW, Mercedes independent garage in Govan, behind Ibrox. Thanks for the offer but just a wee bit too far. Does anybody know anybody willing to give it a go. Should have gone to the B&M centre. Think I'll swallow my pride and give him a go tomorrow. Never too old to learn.

EcosseGP
22nd February 2016, 09:55 PM
Must be a bit of bad luck that's for sure. I'm not so sure that all the connections can need replaced. One maybe if you're unlucky. I've never had to change any other pipes doing the lines but have struggled a couple of times getting them freed off. Good luck in your quest ... and don't give up. Sounds like the garage just wanted an easy day !

jo123ke
23rd February 2016, 08:15 AM
I got an independent garage supplied and fitted lines was around the £150 mark that seams overly expensive

Gasmark7
24th February 2016, 05:55 PM
Things are going from bad to worse today. Can anybody tell me if grooved discs should be put on in a certain direction or does any direction do. Front set have been put on with grooves facing back from car and rears are facing forward (damaging pads?)

Thanks

emicen
24th February 2016, 06:11 PM
The direction of the vent channels is far more important than the surface slots.

Gasmark7
24th February 2016, 06:35 PM
Sorry. Should have said its the rear discs on a 2007 MCS. Concerned that they may have been put on the wrong direction damaging the pads and glazing the discs.

Gasmark7
25th February 2016, 03:50 PM
And the next chapter. Garage admitted that " the lad " had put the rear discs on the wrong way round. They've fitted them correctly now and buffed the glaze off pads and discs. They've also offered a "half price Petronas oil service" for £50. Is that a good deal????

Thanks

MrMischief
26th February 2016, 08:12 AM
And the next chapter. Garage admitted that " the lad " had put the rear discs on the wrong way round. They've fitted them correctly now and buffed the glaze off pads and discs. They've also offered a "half price Petronas oil service" for £50. Is that a good deal????

Thanks

If they use Castrol oil, then yes...:hand:

Tbh, it sounds like the apprentice got your car to work on, discs fitted incorrectly & sh4t himself when asked to change some brake lines. I'd stay away from them in future if I were you.