PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in Hamilton

bigchunk
16th February 2016, 06:10 PM
Introduction time then! I have an R56 2008 plate Cooper S with almost every conceivable extra fitted, satnav, pan roof, full heated leather, parking sensors, xenons, full JCW body kit and 18" wheels etc. Had an R53 on an 02 plate for 2 years before it with lots of extras too, but thought it was time to get a bit more modern.
Its the we fun car for the family, we also have a 2011 plate Laguna coupe and my 2 babies, an 02 plate 911 Carrera 4 and an 08 plate Ducati 848.
I am a mechanic to trade but been off the tools for over 13 years now and have been working abroad in Saudi for almost 11 years now, but when I'm home I do love to tinker with the cars/bike, did quite a bit to the R53 but put it back to standard before selling on, so will have a couple of bits and pieces to put up for sale when I get back to the UK next week.
A long winded introduction, but I am bored here at work just now, well that's my excuse anyway!

DigitalLemming
16th February 2016, 07:36 PM
:welcome:

I'm in Hamilton as well, Eclipse Gray R56 S with a few orange bits :thumbs up:

Craig
16th February 2016, 07:51 PM
:welcome: nice little garage you have there [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stoney
16th February 2016, 07:57 PM
Welcome

MINI William
16th February 2016, 08:02 PM
Welcome to NMS

EcosseGP
16th February 2016, 08:55 PM
Welcome to NMS and sounds like you've just about getting everything covered in the garage department. Good to see that you've stuck with the MINI badge and fingers crossed the R56 lives up to its predecessor ! R53 parts ? Whoo hoo let the scramble begin lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EcosseGP
16th February 2016, 08:55 PM
:welcome:

I'm in Hamilton as well, Eclipse Gray R56 S with a few orange bits :thumbs up:

A bit of orange ... PMSL !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CWSN84
16th February 2016, 10:46 PM
Welcome I'm just down the road in Coatbridge

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

jo123ke
16th February 2016, 10:57 PM
Welcome and nice collection of cars and awaiting parts list for r53 [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigchunk
17th February 2016, 06:50 AM
thanks for the kind welcome folks, loving the R56 so far, loved the R53 too (the supercharger whine just does it for me!) but the Mrs. has arthritis and finds the R56 easier to drive with the steering and gears being lighter.
Did quite a bit to the R56 in the 5 weeks from buying it and returning to work, Major service including the fuel filter in the tank, new front control arm rear bushes (powerflex ones) grooved and drilled discs all round with new pads, new aerial base due to sat-nav being 15 miles from where I was, new water pump and then the plastic pipe behind the water pump as that was the actual cause of the small water leak, de-coke to the inlet valves and manifold (well overdue) new batteries soldered into key fobs and fixes tail light bulb holders to stop warning on the dash, led front side light bulbs and probably a few other things that I forgot to add. runs and drives very well now.

wsmdesign
17th February 2016, 06:58 AM
Hi and welcome along - I am just over the Clyde in Motherwell :thumbs up:

N16SHP
17th February 2016, 09:26 AM
Hi there and welcome along to NMS.

Great list of cars you have in the garage, not to mention the stunning Ducati!!

Crombers
17th February 2016, 04:39 PM
Welcome to NMSland :saltireflag:

Edith
23rd February 2016, 01:35 PM
Hey!

Welcome :) I'm from Larkhall, maybe see you around!

AndyM
23rd February 2016, 01:54 PM
Welcome .... not been a member long myself but they / we do seem a sociable bunch :thumbs up:

Andrew