PDA

View Full Version : Smile per mile

Captain clean
16th February 2016, 02:28 PM
Woke up this morning with the rare thing, a day off. So was it wash and polish the car or go out for a country road blast. The later won. Gets the seat/ steering wheel set just perfect(something so easy to do in a Mini), and then sets off on a back road blast. How much fun was that!!! Keep the diesel cooper in the power band( very easy with such a slick gear change) and its a hoot!!!!

If you get a chance, try this. I guarantee you will return with the biggest smile on your face. Its on trips like this you know why you bought a Mini!!!!

Crombers
16th February 2016, 03:28 PM
Been 'at it now' for nearly 12 years, totally agree :yes nod: .......... :smilewinkgrin:

Craig
16th February 2016, 04:05 PM
Yeah, unless you had a garage, I'm not sure the wash and polish would have worked today [emoji12]

Prefer a hoon these days anyway [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

badwolf340
16th February 2016, 08:11 PM
Cooper D ....great car

bpirie1000
16th February 2016, 08:46 PM
And the best part is you still have fuel left in the tank at the end of your run..

something that hat never happened when I was in my r50 petrol.....
do love my diesel.....especially when it is less than £1 per litre...

EcosseGP
16th February 2016, 08:51 PM
Can't beat a wee back road dash ... although I still like to get back and give the wee buggy a wash (whatever the weather) at the end of it :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

N16SHP
17th February 2016, 09:28 AM
Absolutely spot on. Now I'm back in a Mini again I find myself taking rather elongated routes home from work that does take in a few country sections just for the hell of it :yes nod:

MINI William
17th February 2016, 10:49 AM
Can't beat it

GreyRacer
17th February 2016, 01:13 PM
Living in the country b and c roads are quite normal for me. Still running the F54 in though so I've restricted myself a little. Lol.
My daughter has a newish Cooper D and I must say it is a little hoot when kept in torque band and as you say never seems to run out of fuel. Must be 60+ easily.