PDA

View Full Version : Fault code help needed

d5dov
11th February 2016, 10:44 PM
My engine management light came on today so I got my friend to plug into the car and it came up with these codes. 124496 129272 446594 do these mean anything to you guys. The car feels like it is down on power and feels like its misfiring when idling. He also mentioned something about an oxygen sensor.

EcosseGP
11th February 2016, 11:00 PM
When he read the codes did he not tell you what the faults were. It should've shown up what the codes meant on his reader ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

d5dov
11th February 2016, 11:30 PM
he did say something about an oxygen sensor. He was in a rush to get to another job So I couldn't hold him back much longer. I can't get a hold of him now to ask him what it said. Would an oxygen sensor make it run rough and loose power on acceleration.

bpirie1000
12th February 2016, 02:15 PM
Yes oxygen sensor would make it lumpy... Couple things could fix it..
replacing sensor....obviously,...

would also look look at removing it and checking it is not 'gunked' this causes issues with sensors. If your not doing a lot of distance they clog.. Or

ITALIAN TUNE UP.......GIVE IT THE BEANS.... RIGHT FOOT REPAIR...... CALL IT WHAT YOU LIKE... BLAST THROUGH..

Maybe be stick with replacing....

- - - Updated - - -

Yes oxygen sensor would make it lumpy... Couple things could fix it..
replacing sensor....obviously,...

would also look look at removing it and checking it is not 'gunked' this causes issues with sensors. If your not doing a lot of distance they clog.. Or

ITALIAN TUNE UP.......GIVE IT THE BEANS.... RIGHT FOOT REPAIR...... CALL IT WHAT YOU LIKE... BLAST THROUGH..

Maybe be stick with replacing....doesn't say where you are... Maybe best get done and fixed some have clear d faults and found the ECU behaves best get checked out though.. Don't ignore.....

d5dov
12th February 2016, 08:26 PM
I called mini today. For the size of them they are not a cheap part. Hopefully I can get a new one on it and notice a difference.