PDA

View Full Version : Dealers who deal?

NIRLN
24th September 2004, 08:37 PM
Am just about to invest in a new Cooper, and wondered if any of you had managed to get any deals or kickbacks from Scots dealers?

I know they don't budge on price, but I have heard cases where customers have wangled free TLC, half-price extras (like headlamps), and even been given goodies like rucksacks and sweets (!)

I've tried Eastern Motors in Edinburgh, who don't seem to be playing ball. Surely there must be another dealer out there who's offer a little perk to secure my hard-earned sovereigns?

Steve74
24th September 2004, 08:43 PM
Got a free pen and keyring from Eastern :(

Crombers
24th September 2004, 08:59 PM
Free keyring (the orange one with the dealer name on it) from Henry Bros !!

Wul
24th September 2004, 10:02 PM
bunch of flowers, free TLC and rubber mats from Douglas Park in Hamilton.

Tell them Dunedin are giving you something and are off there to order the car and see if they will chip in!

Brass neck on show at all times though! :D

sw
24th September 2004, 10:03 PM
I got two orange and chrome keyrings
(and a free rattle from my bootlid), thanks John Clark (Tayside)

The Dogfather
24th September 2004, 10:09 PM
It's not all bad news it means the car holds it's value.

I've just bought a Fiesta Zetec Diesel (MINI One D waiting list too long) as my day to day car, I managed to get £1700 of list price.

Burple
24th September 2004, 10:11 PM
Got Buggr'all from Grassicks... :(

NIRLN
24th September 2004, 10:18 PM
Talk about 'tight'!

Steve74
24th September 2004, 10:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by NIRLN

Talk about 'tight'!

Depends what you're after but there is a nearly new one being sold by JohnCooper (http://www.johncooper.co.uk/JohnCooperSite/category/Car+Sales%5FUsed+MINIs/) and it's a John Cooper Works!!

p.s. nice edit Mr/Ms Mod ;)

sleepyrascal
24th September 2004, 10:36 PM
Don't use John Clark. You have to give them bunches of flowers and keyrings just to distract their attention from the fat walleted BMW buyers. Rant over.

Speak to Calterdon in Inverness. Really good bunch of guys.

Julz
24th September 2004, 11:45 PM
I didn't get any freebies or money off from JC's in Dundee, but their after sales care is fantastic, which I found more important than a bunch of flowers or a bottle of wine!!:D

Fontal
24th September 2004, 11:51 PM
I didn't get anything from Calterdon in Inverness but then that was three years ago and I was just happy enough to be one of the lucky ones getting an early car :D

Eggy7496
24th September 2004, 11:52 PM
i agree we julz, i found Matt and vicky to be excellent at John Clarks, never had problems

Gismo
25th September 2004, 12:01 AM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal
Don't use John Clark. You have to give them bunches of flowers and keyrings just to distract their attention from the fat walleted BMW buyers. Rant over.

I have both an S and a BMW and i can assure you i am not a fat walleted BMW buyer :evil:
I doubt i will buy another car anywhere else apart from JC's, fantastic to me, even when i went in to buy the 330Ci in ma shorts and T-shirt :cool:

The Dogfather
25th September 2004, 12:09 AM
Hmmm! There's a thought!

Quick serve him and get him out of here before he's scares off the other customers!!!!!:p:eek::blackeye:

Smurf
25th September 2004, 05:02 AM
No freebies with me - but then the service and after care could have been a lot better ....

I'll be going to another dealer for the next one (may try a little 'negotiation' on the trade in price...) I'd rather have better service than sales.

X30YES
25th September 2004, 06:19 AM
Free TLC ,flowers,mats,at Parks of Hamilton and 250 more for my old cooper .Cooper I bought last year was -250 as they wanted to shift it I guess ....loook for a car that they 'have bought 'and need to move on and your not bothered about the colour and spec etc

Heather
25th September 2004, 06:43 AM
Didn't get any freebies from Harry Fairbarins in Glasgow but they make it up for it in first class aftersales!:D(no i am not employed or sponsored by them just a happy customer):p:D

checkgirl
25th September 2004, 08:07 AM
I managed to negotiate my roof decal, chrome pack, full tank of petrol and get my private plate changed over (all for free) at John Clark's Dundee. Haven't found their after sales service great though.

X30YES
25th September 2004, 03:00 PM
Nice one re plate ..cost me £80 to change over

mgemie
25th September 2004, 10:39 PM
When buying my MO back in Jan04 i managed to waggle myself a free MINI OEM 6CD Mulitchanger:D:cool:...(and they fitted it for free!) I tried to get myself free TLC but they said that they'd only give it if i gave up the free 'changer. Additionally, i managed to get myself a MINI logo mousemat from my sales dude.. I also got given a free BMW F1 Team umbrella when i took delivery of the car.

Craig
27th September 2004, 07:12 AM
Got a free MINI cushion and free rear tinted windows, but I would agree with others, that I would have rather had better service from the mechanics and service manager at Menzies in Stirling. Service has been quite frankly crap and MINI Customer Service have been notified and not really had a good response there either. WE WILL NOT BE BUYING FROM MENZIES AGAIN. Sales team were excellent, after sales - useless.

Julz
27th September 2004, 04:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by checkgirl

I managed to negotiate my roof decal, chrome pack, full tank of petrol and get my private plate changed over (all for free) at John Clark's Dundee. Haven't found their after sales service great though.

Mine came all fuelled up and with the plate changed over too, strange you're not getting great after sales though, not like them at all!!:eek::)

GAJ
27th September 2004, 04:17 PM
I got a case of whisky miniatures and a key ring when I bought mine from Dunedin. Only got half a tank of fuel although I had been promised a full tank. Got loads of wee goodies the last time I was down though!

Scottie
27th September 2004, 11:48 PM
Did nae get any discount but I got a set of R90 cross spoked alloy wheels for nothing which I took off and sold. I got a Mini Mouse for the computer and a pen and a clock oh and some nice flowers I declined their Keyring. Oh the dealer was Calterdon.

Duncan Stewart
28th September 2004, 05:08 PM
No discount at Morrisons in Kirkcaldy but I successfully haggled to get a higher trade in on my old car. No freebies!:mad: