PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed no heating

Brianffc
1st February 2016, 10:48 PM
Help needed Cooper s r53
Hi a have a 2003 cooper and got no heating on it if a leave it running it gets warm but once am driving it heaters go cold I've done a thermostat on it and cleaned out the heater matrix cooling fan kicks in ok and no over heating any1 no what it could be thanks

kevs cooper s
1st February 2016, 10:59 PM
theres an air lock somewhere mate did you bleed systmn properly

- - - Updated - - -

theres various you tube videos on how to bleed systmn mate

Brianffc
1st February 2016, 11:02 PM
Done it on the coolant machine that works under a vacuum at work and all so tryed bleeding in though the 2 bleed screws

Brianffc
6th March 2016, 10:32 PM
Still need help with this put an other new thermostat start in the day but still no hot air both pipes on the heater matrixs are going hot but still can't get hot air any1 any ideas on what else it could be

EcosseGP
6th March 2016, 10:53 PM
Have you checked all the coolant hoses in the engine bay to make sure they're all hot once it's up to temp ? We had the same with Cats car but after a bit of bleeding and messing about I managed to get it all sorted. It will take time but should cure the issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ali-w
6th March 2016, 10:55 PM
I just had to change the heater matrix in my r53 because of no heat and that sorted it right out for me

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Brianffc
6th March 2016, 11:00 PM
All the hoses are going hot on it both pipes on heater matrixs are hot as well

bpirie1000
8th March 2016, 08:24 AM
I trust you flushed the system out removing any blockages or crud that builds up..

Brianffc
9th March 2016, 09:55 PM
Aye flushed it all out used a hose on the hoses going 2 the matrixs flushing it both ways but still can seem 2 get any heat