PDA

View Full Version : Scottish ICE installers

NIRLN
24th September 2004, 02:05 AM
Can anyone recommend a good ICE installer near Edinburgh?
Who is Scotland's equivalent of mikeythemini in Liverpool?

Oh and this is my first post. PW/B Cooper on order.
Want to go aftermarket with Alpine HU, speakers (possibly) and Alpine iPod interface ... but afraid to rip my lovely new car apart.

All recommendations gleefully received.

Gismo
24th September 2004, 02:11 AM
Welcome to the site, not sure of anyone in Edinburgh to insatll your ice to the quality of mike, but i'm sure someone will be along to advise shortly :)

Wul
24th September 2004, 02:23 AM
Welcome aboard NIRLIN!

Well the most well known ICE installer in Auld Reekie is Ray Smith Audio at Abbeyhill HERE (http://www.yell.com/search/ShowMap?nat_id=2962035&location=EDINBURGH&replayURL=%2Fucs%2FUcsSearchAction.do%3FsearchType %3Dclassic%26companyName%3Dray%2Bsmith%26mqs%3Dxi% 26location%3Dedinburgh%26scrambleSeed%3D27333%26mq s%3Dxi) Can't vouch for them though as i've always done me own and bought the parts from mikeythemini or zooooom!

john
24th September 2004, 02:31 AM
YES go along to Ray Smiths and tell them you know me:)John Barrie as I was the Manager of Ray Smiths shop in Aberdeen for a short while before mooving on to better things.;)

NIRLN
24th September 2004, 05:48 PM
Cheers fellas.
You've come up trumps.
Now to get that lovely Alpine Hu with iPod interface.
Yum Yum.

MartinSullivan
24th September 2004, 05:59 PM
NIRLN - are you the Zane Radcliffe that wrote London Irish????

If so congratulations on a great book :cool::D

NIRLN
24th September 2004, 08:31 PM
Damn - my cover is blown!

Yup, that's me. Glad you liked the book.
Who knows, one day I might consider a novel themed around a touring Scots MINI club. A black comedy, naturally.

The next novel's out in April. It's about a Glaswegian who relocates to Iceland (you should see the roads out there ... one wheel out of place and you land in a sulphur pit!)

MartinSullivan
24th September 2004, 08:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by NIRLN

Putting your name and occupation is writer in your profile doesnt really constitute "deep cover" :D:D

You could write a novel from some of the threads on here - and there are plenty of "characters" on here to :)

I look forward to your next novel :D Might get a signed copy if we bump into each other on a run ;)

Gismo
24th September 2004, 09:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by NIRLN

Also, you're 12 years old :I

MartinSullivan
24th September 2004, 09:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland
Also, you're 12 years old :I

All that talent - and so young :D

NIRLN
24th September 2004, 10:02 PM
OK, I've got the hang of the 'profile' thing now.
My real identity is just between you two and me.
You ain't seen me, right.

MartinSullivan
24th September 2004, 10:16 PM
:D

The Dogfather
24th September 2004, 10:49 PM
Is Zane the first (in)famous person on NMS?

Wul
24th September 2004, 11:16 PM
Surely that has to be Bonnie Scotland after his appearances at various sporting events this year :p

Perhaps you might not want this displayed either then?

http://www.booksattransworld.co.uk/catalog/images/authors/4578.jpg:evil::I

Don't worry though - if a mod doesn't edit this post, i'll do it this afternoon. :p

NIRLN
24th September 2004, 11:26 PM
Heck, all publicity is good publicity.
I expect sales of my first two books will now go through the roof and I'll be trading my Cooper for a Sunseeker.

And the last sporting event I attended was Wales v N.Ireland at the Millennium Stadium. It was certainly very 'Bonnie' (for 30 glorious minutes, anyway).