PDA

View Full Version : Cooper boot won't open

scallopking
27th January 2016, 02:01 PM
So, Thanks for the help with my Windows.....now I have a new problem......I have an 03 Cooper......the boot won't unlock.....is there any ideas on cause?....I haven't tried anything yet.....but I usually find i'm not the first person to have a fault.....and the forum is a great way to get fixes.
Thanks in advance for your help

ianking
27th January 2016, 02:06 PM
The microswitch in the tailgate handle is bad for rusting away. Best just to buy a complete tailgate handle and change it over. Just 3 or 4 torx screws hold it on.

stoney
27th January 2016, 02:36 PM
As above but if you need to open the boot there is a pull handle under the back seat bench.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

niknax
27th January 2016, 02:37 PM
same thing happened to me, totally panicked and found out my daughter had jammed a hoodie in the door, pulled it away and working ok now

emicen
27th January 2016, 05:00 PM
The microswitch in the tailgate handle is bad for rusting away. Best just to buy a complete tailgate handle and change it over. Just 3 or 4 torx screws hold it on.

4 T20 torx then pull it out carefully so it doesn't suddenly release and damage the plug connector.

I've got a couple of working handles kicking about if the OP needs a replacement. (We remove the locking mechanism on the racecars so just use dud handles and keep the good ones safe!)

scallopking
27th January 2016, 11:43 PM
Thanks...I'll have a look at it tomorrow.
Peter c

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, I hoped I'd got something stuck as well....nope!