PDA

View Full Version : Tuning

Ianstwt_r59
26th January 2016, 11:30 AM
What's everyone's car running. I was speaking to mark at Lohen about stage 2. A air filter, decat and a front intercooler with a manic map. I could get 260bhp with 400nm of torque. With some tasty flames too

MINI William
26th January 2016, 02:03 PM
Flames dont equal power, just unburned fuel :yes nod:

Ianstwt_r59
26th January 2016, 02:05 PM
Yeah I know, look cool though

MINI William
26th January 2016, 02:25 PM
I've seen a few of cars running a manic maps and then not running right after it. There is and always will be good and bad stories about tuners. Why not get in on Knox performance Group Buy?

Ianstwt_r59
26th January 2016, 02:45 PM
Sadly won't be getting it down until the end of the year when I get a front intercooler

ELFMAN
26th January 2016, 03:54 PM
What's everyone's car running. I was speaking to mark at Lohen about stage 2. A air filter, decat and a front intercooler with a manic map. I could get 260bhp with 400nm of torque. With some tasty flames too

I'm running a JCW Stage 1 upgrade (Inlet Manifold, Exhaust System etc), Forge big intercooler, Milltek Downpipe and Sports Cat, Alta intake and Samco hoses with a DNA (Mini Challenge guys) remap through Chris Knox (the JCW upgrade included its own remap, but was a very mild one), and while I'm sure I have a good power and torque boost, I doubt I'm seeing close to 260bhp... Also, from speaking to Chris, I'm not even sure the standard R56 (non Works) Turbo on our cars is rated to take that sort of power. You'll get all sorts of figures from different dynos on different days, so I would always take 'quoted' figures with a pinch of salt.

All I know is my car's going very well (touch wood) and is quicker than it was when I bought it in 2009. If I get along to the Rolling Road day next Sunday, I'll be able to put figures on it, but that'll just be a 'benchmark' and a rough comparison to the other cars present on the day, not gospel.

Flames? That just means your fuelling is pants. Either that or you've fallen through a weird movie wormhole and ended up in "The Fast and the Furious", one of which you would be if your engine went 'Bang'! :ragin: :smilewinkgrin:

stoney
26th January 2016, 06:08 PM
I Ran a AEM front mount IC and sport cat on my jcw with a tune from ptourqe and could not complain

the dealers did a ecu reset on it at one point and you could feel the difference in power !!! Have to say no flames and a very good true

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Eddie_JCW
26th January 2016, 10:41 PM
I've heard of 2 cars with a Manic map from Lohen and both have had problems. Both very serious problems!

EcosseGP
26th January 2016, 10:45 PM
Like others have said flames aren't everything and can give you serious problems so please be warned Ian. I know we all love them and I'd love to have them on both my MINIs but from what I've read and heard you may well be looking at shortening the engine life or at least have engine issues.
I run a number of mods on the R53 all of which have been done initially together and I should really (ok I will) do a build thread on it. Suffice to say that I've gone for reliability over power and done things bit by bit. I've not even changed the manifold on the car yet as I've got caught up chasing looks on the car too. Suffice to say I will be stripping the car down again shortly and there may well be a few wee changes ...
The car does have a reduced pulley, lightened and balance crack shaft pulley, Dave F airbox and GRS intercooler to name a few wee bits :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ianstwt_r59
26th January 2016, 11:39 PM
I'm not wanting flames all the times. But a wee one now and again. Think I'm gonna get a front mount next either forge or airtec. Then got to get bonnet and front bumper resprayed. As well as the wheels

CraigR53
27th January 2016, 01:23 AM
To think you told me about 4 weeks ago 'No more mods for me this year' haha can't wait to see where the car ends up Iain [emoji1417][emoji1417]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ELFMAN
27th January 2016, 08:35 PM
If I had £1 for every time I'd promised "No More Mods",
I'd have at least £12.50! :smilewinkgrin:

jo123ke
27th January 2016, 09:29 PM
Hahaha I love buying parts it's an adults Christmas time [emoji102][emoji851]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk