PDA

View Full Version : Hey - newbie from Larkhall!!

Edith
25th January 2016, 01:13 PM
Hey,

So I finally bit the bullet and got myself a Mini - after learning to drive in one over 10 years, it's taken a little while!!

As you may have guessed, my names Edith... :) Previous cars have been a Citroen C2 and VW Beetle, with a little old skool BMW and a Corsa as side cars.

Got myself a pretty blue 2007 Cooper S, current plans are to change the white to black and body colour the bumpers. Maybe change up the exhaust system a little and few under the hood mods for extra performance!

My partner, Davie, has now also bought himself a Cooper S but the original supercharger version, so I'm sure he'll be along here shortly :D

I've tried uploading a wee photo of Ralph but it doesn't seem to be working! :(

But yeah. Hello :) :)

DigitalLemming
25th January 2016, 01:22 PM
Welcome to NMS!

I'm just down the road from you in Hamilton and we've got a few more members local to the area as well. Mine is an eclipse grey r56 with a splash of orange!

Edith
25th January 2016, 01:29 PM
By any chance do you use the M74 between Hamilton / Glasgow around 8am weekdays? I'm sure I've spied that side sticker!!

Need to have a wee mini meet for the locals :) :)

DigitalLemming
25th January 2016, 01:40 PM
I used to earlier last year but don't anymore (use the train to commute now), I'm sometimes on the road in the evening if I've been out for a drive, quite often come back up the motorway from the Canderside junction towards Hamilton.

I'm sure I spotted a blue Cooper S a few months ago on that road - do you have any stickers on yours?

MINI William
25th January 2016, 02:16 PM
Welcome to NMS. Pleased that you finally managed to get on. Hopefully see you at a meet soon

CiderFex
25th January 2016, 02:17 PM
Hi Edith and welcome to NMS.
:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edith
25th January 2016, 02:23 PM
Thanks everyone :)

There's two blue Cooper S's in Larkhall, we're exactly the same with very similar private plates. I don't have any stickers on mine but my plates M55 WKR :)

Crombers
25th January 2016, 02:57 PM
Welcome to NMSland :saltireflag:

EcosseGP
25th January 2016, 03:08 PM
Welcome along Edith and glad to see you've jumped in to join us.
Looking forward to seeing "Ralph" and you'll be in good hands if you're looking for advice on mods.
Great to see its a MINI family that you've got ... rather like Cat and I but you can't beat the sound of the supercharger whine.
Pop along to some of the events or meets if you can and get to know folk and it also gives you a chance to speak to people about mods that they've done and it allows you to see what things look like in the flesh.
Welcome along :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craig
25th January 2016, 04:12 PM
Hi Edith and :welcome:. As Davy says, sounds like you've got yourself a Wee MINI family :). Hope to see you at a meet soon

jonnie
25th January 2016, 06:08 PM
Welcome to NMS

kevs cooper s
25th January 2016, 06:17 PM
welcome to nms edith

stoney
25th January 2016, 06:31 PM
Welcome I'm just down the road from you in Blackwood mine is the black with orrange roof bug more like ly to npbe in work truck or audi

JOHN MILNE
25th January 2016, 06:33 PM
welcome to our mini family:thumbs up:

kevs cooper s
25th January 2016, 06:44 PM
Welcome I'm just down the road from you in Blackwood mine is the black with orrange roof bug more like ly to npbe in work truck or audi

used to live in blackwood /woodlea now at Crawford

stoney
25th January 2016, 06:45 PM
I know Crawford love the Leadhills roads around there

kevs cooper s
25th January 2016, 07:10 PM
yeh but better twistys on my old stomping ground Selkirk to moffat via st marys loch

stoney
25th January 2016, 07:36 PM
Think I know that road as well there is a cracker that takes you to Kirkcudbright

Sorry for the tread hijack

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

badwolf340
25th January 2016, 07:45 PM
Hi Edith :welcome: have a look around the site ,try and visit MINI meets and socials ,where you will find out what's happening,join in we are a friendly bunch :thumbs up:

ELFMAN
25th January 2016, 10:08 PM
:welcome:
Hi Edith, I know your car - I should do, I live three doors along the street from you! :smilewinkgrin:

Have spoken to Davie a few times now, and been along to see his R53, he's a handy chap with a spanner! Anyway, welcome to NMS and I hope you can get along to some runs this year and enjoy the Mini Adventure in full on 3D Surround Sound!

N16SHP
26th January 2016, 03:21 PM
Hi Edith, welcome along to NMS!

Edith
26th January 2016, 03:51 PM
Hi neighbour, yeah he's very handy is my Davie. Anything to do with an engine, or any sort of mechanical thing he's all for it... My car is making an awful shaky noise right now so he better help me diagnose / fix it!

Hoping to get along to a few meets or two, hopefully when this weather is better :)
Looking forward to meeting you all

ELFMAN
26th January 2016, 04:05 PM
Cheers Edith, glad the wee NMS flyer did its job :thumbs up:

ps I often make a lot of awful shaky noises myself, but I don't think even Davie could sort that with a spanner... I think it's just my age. Hope you get it sorted.

badwolf340
26th January 2016, 07:53 PM
Hi neighbour, yeah he's very handy is my Davie. Anything to do with an engine, or any sort of mechanical thing he's all for it... My car is making an awful shaky noise right now so he better help me diagnose / fix it!

Hoping to get along to a few meets or two, hopefully when this weather is better :)
Looking forward to meeting you all
Edith the weather never stops us ,just makes us a little wetter ,last years Scottish car show was lovely until 15 before we wanted to leave ,we all spent the next 40mins standing under the gazebo ....it's the memories ...honest :cool:

EcosseGP
26th January 2016, 10:31 PM
Good on you Euan that's what I do accost everyone that stops near to me in a MINI. As Brian says Edith don't let the weather put you off even I hate getting the car wet lol ... :)

Edith
27th January 2016, 09:25 AM
I was actually accosted by a Mini owner who works in Starbucks in Abington Services... Jamie? In getting a coffee on a chilly Sunday afternoon, turned into an hour standing in the car park talking cars!

Don't mind getting the car wet, just not keen on it myself :P

DigitalLemming
27th January 2016, 09:29 AM
Yep that'll be Jamie :)

We've had a few runs and meets that have left from there as well.

Edith
27th January 2016, 09:31 AM
He's a very spirited young chap!

badwolf340
27th January 2016, 09:33 AM
I was actually accosted by a Mini owner who works in Starbucks in Abington Services... Jamie? In getting a coffee on a chilly Sunday afternoon, turned into an hour standing in the car park talking cars!

Don't mind getting the car wet, just not keen on it myself :P
Yip that's Jamie

EcosseGP
27th January 2016, 10:19 AM
He's a very spirited young chap!

As they says that's our Jamie [emoji106][emoji106]

MINI William
27th January 2016, 10:48 AM
That'll be Jamie :yes nod:

ELFMAN
27th January 2016, 11:16 AM
Well done Jamie!

I knew Jamie has spoken to Davie at Anington, he mentioned it when I gave him the flyer (he was collecting a parcel which had been delivered while you guys weren't in) but I didn't know you were there too. He's a fine chap Jamie - the enthusiasm of youth! I remember those days...

Gez
27th January 2016, 12:11 PM
used to live in blackwood /woodlea now at Crawford
My partner has not long moved from leadhills to woodlea haha!

Gez
27th January 2016, 12:14 PM
Welcome along Edith! That was a good way to spend my break haha - talking about MINIs!

stoney
27th January 2016, 12:42 PM
Ha Jamie strikes again[emoji38]

EcosseGP
27th January 2016, 12:54 PM
Welcome along Edith! That was a good way to spend my break haha - talking about MINIs!

No you're right Jamie I'm the same Cat gets mortified when I approach unsuspecting folk that have just parked their MINI to tell them about NMS. Keep up the good work [emoji106]