PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everybody...

MartayMcFly
21st January 2016, 01:28 PM
... Hi, Dr Nick!

I've been lurking around the facebook group for a while and decided I should probably check out the actual forum.

Back in September I bought a 53-plate Cooper S in dark silver. It was in decent condition, only 50k miles and I bought it from a mate's mum so I knew not just it's history on paper, but had a good idea of how it was driven and looked after. I bought it with the intention of stripping out most of the interior, doing some easy engine mods for a bit more power and then working on the suspension to make a track focused toy that I could still drive around town if my main car was off the road for any reason.

So far it's had an Airtec top intercooler fitted, 17% reduced pulley and short belt, NGK plugs, Janspeed manifold with decat pipe, a Milltek non-res and 17x7 Team Dynamics 1.2s currently wearing winter rubber.

Martin

Crombers
21st January 2016, 03:28 PM
Welcome to NMSland :saltireflag: happy modding :thumbs up:

MINI William
21st January 2016, 03:51 PM
Welcome to NMS. Sounds like a nice car you've got with some nice mods to go with it

Craig
21st January 2016, 04:56 PM
Welcome Martin - sounds like a similar spec to what I'm running :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EcosseGP
21st January 2016, 05:01 PM
Welcome along Martin and glad you took the plunge to join the NMS gang properly. Sounds like you've been busy and you're on your way to a quick wee track buggy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MartayMcFly
21st January 2016, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I'll get some photos sorted (maybe a clip of the exhaust) and get a thread started.

As for a remap, I've got a RR day on Saturday to see what she's putting out with the mods on (was 188 at the fly with just the intercooler), then I was planning to get cams and I've got 550cc injectors for a proper remap, aiming for the 240bhp mark, hopefully more.

D3 JDA
21st January 2016, 05:59 PM
Welcome.:thumbs up::cool::hand:

MartayMcFly
21st January 2016, 06:01 PM
Hmm... wrote a reply and it disappeared.

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome. I'll get some photos and a clip of the exhaust sorted out and get a thread started.

As for a remap, I've got a RR day on Saturday so will see what the mods are adding untuned (it was 188bhp at the fly with just the intercooler), then I'll be getting cams and I've got 550cc injectors for a proper custom map to hopefully take it above 240bhp.

CiderFex
21st January 2016, 06:11 PM
Hi Martin, welcome to NMS.
:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MINI William
21st January 2016, 07:04 PM
Both replies are there :yes nod:

MartayMcFly
22nd January 2016, 02:36 AM
Both replies are there :yes nod:

I see them now, maybe there was a delay as I've made so few posts. I'm impressed with how consistent they were, with a 30min gap to easily forget what I'd written previously.

MrMischief
22nd January 2016, 06:23 AM
Welcome aboard NMS...sounds a really nice spec. I miss the whine of our R53 :thumbs up:

badwolf340
22nd January 2016, 07:52 AM
:welcome:Looking forward to seeing the car in the flesh at one of our meets

jonnie
23rd January 2016, 12:14 PM
Welcome

kevs cooper s
23rd January 2016, 05:46 PM
welcome to nms mate, any pics of the car?

MartayMcFly
3rd February 2016, 04:12 PM
I'll put some photos up in the gallery thread