PDA

View Full Version : Mini Tours Ruhrpott is going to Great Britain!

MiniToursRuhrpott
20th January 2016, 01:26 PM
Hey guys!

I am Christian Lies from germany. I am leading together with some friends a MINI Club in North Rhine-Westphalia.
In this year we are doing a huge roadtrip through whole Great Britain. Especially Scotland.
Currently we are 4 MINIs and we are rocking 4100 kilometers on GB's roads.

Now I hope you guys can give me some tips from GB (scotland)
We would like nice roads and great landscapes! :)

Our stops will be Edinburgh, Inverness, Thurso, a location near by Eilean Donan Castle, Ayr.

E.g. I contact Silverstone, wheiter we could drive the track. But on our trip, the track is hired privately :/
Is there any chance to drive over a racetrack? Just for 1 hour or so.
Here in germany you can drive through the green hell for 29€, 21 kilometers. Is there something like that in England/Scotland? Not a Trackday.

Hope my request is allowed otherwise contact me admin's :)

Best regards from germany,

Christian Lies from Mini Tours Ruhrpott

DigitalLemming
20th January 2016, 01:47 PM
Hi Christian,

First of all welcome to NMS!

As I'm sure you already know there's lots of great roads over here, 18 months ago we did the Highland tour which covered some really great roads that might be useful for you, especially the route on Day 1: Highland Tour Thread (http://newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?24235-Highland-Tour-6-This-Time-its-Personal-13-15th-Sept-2014)

A good number of our members regularly plan runs as well so they might be able to help with ideas.

MiniToursRuhrpott
20th January 2016, 01:52 PM
Hey DigitalLemming,

thanks for your quick answer!

Your day 1 Tour is exactly the same road we want to take to reach Inverness :)

MINI William
20th January 2016, 02:34 PM
Welcome to NMS Christian.

As Andrew has said above there is a run notes from the the Highland Tour that may interest you. There is also been run in the majority if not all of the areas that your looking to vist. Have a look and see if you can find any that suit if not ill see if I can find them in the NMS database.

What dates are you coming over and we can see if we can get NMS along to meet up with you guys :thumbs up:

MiniToursRuhrpott
20th January 2016, 03:16 PM
Hey MINI William,

thanks for adding.

We hit GB in Dover on 11.6 in the earliy morning. We hope we reach Edinburgh at 6 pm.
On 12.6 we are driving to Inverness through the Cairngorms National Park.
We stay at whole scotland till 15.6. (last day is Ayr)

Maybe we could drive a bit along the roads :)

greetings:thumbs up:

Crombers
20th January 2016, 03:19 PM
Welcome to NMSland :saltireflag:

I'd have a good look at day 2 of the Highland Tour, the Wester Ross Coastal Trail is simply epic :thumbs up:

EcosseGP
20th January 2016, 03:50 PM
Welcome along and great to hear that you'll be heading to gods country ...
If we can help with anything then we will and some might even wish to join you on your trip for a day or part of it ...
Have you accommodation booked in Edinburgh already ? If so where are you staying ?
I'm not too sure about the race track bit you could certainly pass one (check out Knockhill) but I think you'll be struggling to get on it during your time here.
Sounds like you've got a pretty decent route planned ...
Got some great friends in Germany [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MiniToursRuhrpott
20th January 2016, 04:35 PM
Hey Crombers,

I have also checked the second day. Looks pretty epic, changed our route a bit - thanks :)

Hey EcosseGP,

If we approach our roadtrip, I can enter the tourdates you like. But still think it will change one or the other times.
I didn't booked a accommodation in Edinburgh yet. Have you got some ideas? Otherwise i would use Tripadvisor ;)
Knockhill looked great, a few days ago I checked out wheiter there is the Chance, but it isn't :/
Anyway only trackDAYS.

GreyRacer
20th January 2016, 05:05 PM
Sie mussen 'Applecross' farhen wenn Sie Eilean Donan besuchen.

CraigR53
20th January 2016, 05:38 PM
Would be interesting to maybe meet some fellow mini owners from country's afar!

I live in Ayr myself so any questions regarding Ayrshire I'd be more than happy to help you.

-Craig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EcosseGP
20th January 2016, 05:45 PM
I've plenty of recommendations but unfortunately all are in the city centre and they'll maybe not the best to get to. If you have a look and see somewhere you think might be ok let us know and we'll be able to help. It'll not be a problem. Looks like you might have some NMS company on parts of your trip if you fancy it. We'll all try our best to help you have a great trip around Scotland.

MiniToursRuhrpott
20th January 2016, 06:10 PM
Thanks a lot for your help! :)

3 months ago I was in scotland together with an other MINI budy.
We planned it in the short term.
At least we thought 'It's a nice country, would be nice to come back with some other Miniacs'
So here we are, June is our roadtrip :)

In Edinburgh we got a nice accommodation at the Queensferry Rd. (crossing the Clermiston Rd.), but my last stand was that they want to sell the House. Currently it wasn't sold. So maybe we have luck :)
In Ayr we also had a nice accommodation at the Queens Terrace. We would attend to the same one, maybe you have a better adress, CraigR53 ..?

@GreyRacer
Applecross? - Copy that. thanks :thumbs up:

In spite of everything, it would be nice to met some of scotish Miniacs. Would be better to ride with you.

greetings

CiderFex
20th January 2016, 06:16 PM
Hi Christian, welcome to NMS.
I live in England but do like to travel up to Scotland to meet up with my Scottish Family.
Depending on the dates I may try and tag along for another Scottish MINI Adventure.

Pete

MiniToursRuhrpott
20th January 2016, 07:54 PM
Hey Pete,

on the 11th of June we are riding straight ahead to York (start Dover at 3.30am). Speedways and something like that. Arrival is planned at ~11am in York. (Breakfast)
From York we cross the North York Moors National Park and would like to drive along the coast up to Edinburgh.
If you like to join us, you are welcome :)

CiderFex
20th January 2016, 10:01 PM
Thanks Christian, I'll bear that in mind.
I only live about 40 miles from York.
:)

CraigR53
21st January 2016, 02:00 AM
In Ayr we also had a nice accommodation at the Queens Terrace. We would attend to the same one, maybe you have a better adress, CraigR53 ..?

Good little spot you guys have found there, very central I would stick with it. Looking forward to having yous in town [emoji1417]

Ivano
22nd January 2016, 12:15 PM
Hi, Whilst in Inverness why not drop in to our Harry Fairbairn MINI Showroom for a refreshment and a tour round our new Facility

Always happy to welcome visitors far and wide to our showrooms.

We get quite a lot of BMW bikers from Europe popping in to see us on their Tours of Scotland.

Ivan

EcosseGP
22nd January 2016, 05:20 PM
^^^ Ivan what a lovely gesture and fingers crossed they can find a minute or ten to pop in :)

badwolf340
22nd January 2016, 10:33 PM
Sie mussen 'Applecross' farhen wenn Sie Eilean Donan besuchen.
Great road

MiniToursRuhrpott
24th January 2016, 11:30 AM
Hi, Whilst in Inverness why not drop in to our Harry Fairbairn MINI Showroom for a refreshment and a tour round our new Facility

We get quite a lot of BMW bikers from Europe popping in to see us on their Tours of Scotland.

Ivan

Sounds really great! Thanks for the offer.
I told that to the other guys and they are pleased to hear it.
Before we start our Tour in Inverness up to the north, we would jump in in the morning. Guess it would be more then 10 minutes ;)

So far - thanks a lot to you all :)

greetings from germany:cool:

EcosseGP
25th January 2016, 07:32 PM
Hi can we ask are your dates set or can they be moved ?
There is a MINI show in Blackpool on Sunday 19th which NMS will be attending and we would've been happy to invite you along and also arrange a club stand for you at the show.
It was just a thought ... maybe you've already agreed dates, arrangements etc and they can't be altered.

MiniToursRuhrpott
25th January 2016, 10:46 PM
Hi can we ask are your dates set or can they be moved ?
There is a MINI show in Blackpool on Sunday 19th which NMS will be attending and we would've been happy to invite you along and also arrange a club stand for you at the show.
It was just a thought ... maybe you've already agreed dates, arrangements etc and they can't be altered.

Sounds really great!!
But on this sunday we would leave GB. So yes - the dates are fix, Sorry :/ 10.06-19.06.2016 whole great britain.
On the 19th june we hope to see some MINI action on the ROCKINGHAM ISSC (MINI Challenge)
After that we drive back down to Dover and take the ferry.

EcosseGP
25th January 2016, 10:54 PM
Oh yeah I forgot that was on the same day but was just a thought.

MiniToursRuhrpott
8th March 2016, 10:09 PM
Hello Ladies & Gentlemens,

here is our roadbook for the huge roadtrip of Mini Tours Ruhrpott (MTR)
Hope it looks great - thanks for all your support and the tips.
Maybe you have got some more tips or special routes. If it's like that - let me know ;)

We also looking for a nice accommodation in Edinburgh and London. Maybe you have got a nice contact..?
We are currently 8 Persons and 4 Minis :)

But now let me introduce you our route!

Dover - Canterbury (A2) - Maidstone (M2) - Dartford (A2) - Brentwood (M25) -
Cambridge (M11) - Peterborough (A14/A1(M)) - Grantham (A1) - York (A1(M)) -
Wombleton/Keldholme (A64,ab Barton Hill verlassen) - Glaisdale/Egton (North York National Parc) -
Guisborough (A171) - Thornaby (A174) - Newcastle upon Tyne (A19) -
Ashington (A189) - Alnmouth/Seahouses/Bamburgh (Coastal Route) -
Brewick upon Tweed (Coastal Route) - Edinburgh (Coastal Route/A1)

+DAY 2+ Edinburgh to Inverness + 12.06.2016+
driving Time: 6 hours, distance: 230 miles

Edinburgh - Queensferry (A90) - Perth (M90) - Kinclaven (A85/A93) -
Blacklunans/Glenshee (A93) - Cairngorms National Parc - Braemar (Castle/A93) -
Corgarff (B976) - Tomintoul (A939) - Grantown on Spey (A939) -
Tomatin/Moy (A938/A9) - Inverarnie/Dalvourn (B851) - Aberarder (B851) -
Whitebridge (B852) - Fort Augustus (B862) - Inverness (A82)

+DAY 3+ Inverness to Durness + 13.06.2016+
driving time: 7 hours, distance: 255 miles

Inverness - Evanton (A9) - Stittenham (B9176) - Bonar Bridge (A836) - Lairg (A836) -
Altnaharra (A836) - Loch Naver - Syre (B873) - Kinbrace (B871) - Duible (A897) -
Helmsdale (A897) - Latheron (A9) - Blackness (A99) - John o' Groats (A99) -
Dunnet/Thurso (A836) - Strathy (A836) - Tongue House (A836) - Hope/Heilam (A838) - Durness (A838)

+DAY 4+ Durness to (near by) Eilean Donan Castle + 14.06.2016+
driving time: 7 hours, distance: 240 miles

Durness - Rhinconich (A838) - Laxord Bridge (A838) - Scourie More (A894) - Newton
(A894) - Strathan (A837) - Rhegreanoch - Bannagyle (links fahren) - Loch Bad a' Ghaill
- Drumrunie - Ardmair/Ullapool (A835) - Fainmore (A832) - Camusnagaul/Ardessie (A832) -
Gruinard/Laide (A832) - Londubh/Poolewe (A832) - Loch Tollaidh -
Gairloch/Charlestown (A832) - Loch Maree - Kinlochewe (A832) - Annat (A896) -
hinter Shieldaig rechts Richtung Ardheslaig/Fearnmore - Applecross (Pass) -
Lochcarron (A896) oder Strathcarron (A896/A890)

+DAY 5+ Eilean Donan Castle to Ayr + 15.06.2016+
driving time: 5 hours, distance: 220 miles

Eilean Donan Castle - Shiel Bridge (A87) - Loch Cluanie - Invergarry (A87) -
Laggan (A82) - Fort William (A82) - Glencoe (A82) - Achallader (A82) -
Crianlarich (A82) - Loch Lomond - Balloch (A82) - Old Kilpatrick (A82) -
Bishopton (M898/M8) - Port Glasgow (Greenock Rd) - Clyde Muirshiel Regional Park -
Largs - Fairlie (A78) - Loans (A78) - Ayr (A78/A77)

+DAY 6+ Ayr to Bradford + 16.06.2016+
driving time: 8 hours 30 minutes, distance: 330 miles

Ayr - Maybole (A77) - Girvan (A77) - Stranraer (A77) - Glenluc (A75) -
Port William (A747) - Whithorn (A745) - Bladnoch (A745) - Newton Stewart (A714) -
Planure (A75) - Ardwell (A75) - Castle Douglas (A75) - Dumfries (A75) - Gretna (A75) -
Carlisle (M6) - Thursby (A689/A595) - Bothel (A595) - Lake District National Park -
Keswick (A591) - Troutbeck (A66) - Dockray (A5091) - Ullswater - Patterdale (A592) -
Windermere (A592) - Winster (A5074) - Sizergh (A5074/A590) -
Killington Lake (A590/M6) - Sedbergh (A684) - Appersett (A684) - Gayle -
Oughtershaw/Beckermonds (Beggarmans Rd/Oughtershaw Rd) - Kettlewell (B6160) -
Threshfield (B6160) - Rylstone (Tarns Ln/B6265) - Skipton - Kildwick (A629) -
Keighley (A629) - Bradford

+DAY 7+ Bradford to London + 17.06.2016
driving time: 6 hours 30 minutes, distance: 270 miles

Bradford - Scholes (M606) - Clifton (M62) - Ainley Top (M62, abfahren A629/A643) -
Outlane (A643) - Pole Moor (New Hey Rd) - Slaithwaite - Meltham -
Peak District National Parc - Holme - Lane (A6024) - Woodhead (A6024) - A628 -
Midhopestones (A616) - Wigtwizzle (Mortimer Rd) - Bradfield Dale (Mortimer Rd) -
Bamford (A57/A6013) - Hope Valley - Hope (A6187) - Castleton (Castleton Rd) -
Slackhall - Chapel-en-le-Frith (Sheffield Rd) - Horwich End (B5470) -
Fernilee (Long Hill) - Buxton (A5004) - Sterndale Moor (A515/vorher auf B5053 verlassen) - Longnor (B5053) - Crowdecote -
Bakewell (B5055) - Alport (A6/B5056) - Grangemill (B5056) - Cromford (A5012) -
Ambergate (A6) - Langley Mill (A610) - Kimberley (A610) - Trowell (M1) -
Leicester (M1) - Northampton (M1) - Silverstone (A43) - Oxford (A43/M40) -
High Wycombe (M40) - London (M25/M4)

- - - Updated - - -

Ivan

Is this offer still relevant? If it's like that we would join for maybe a hour your showroom :)

EcosseGP
8th March 2016, 10:16 PM
Wow that looks like some road trip ...
I'm sure that Harry Fairbairn, Inverness will be more than happy to have you pop in for a visit.
I just need to work out where or when I can join you ... Day 1, Day 2 or maybe Day 5.
Sorry I can't help with accommodation details but if it was me I'd avoid Edinburgh city centre unless you really want to stay there as its a nightmare for parking.

GreyRacer
8th March 2016, 10:22 PM
I live very close to Berwick-upon-Tweed, only 15 mins away, and depending the time you cross the Scottish border I would meet you at the Border crossing carpark at Lamberton, one mile north of Berwick (nice chance for a photo shoot entering Scotland) and drive up with you to Dunbar (my home town), 28 miles.

MiniToursRuhrpott
8th March 2016, 10:34 PM
I live very close to Berwick-upon-Tweed, only 15 mins away, and depending the time you cross the Scottish border I would meet you at the Border crossing carpark at Lamberton, one mile north of Berwick (nice chance for a photo shoot entering Scotland) and drive up with you to Dunbar (my home town), 28 miles.

Sounds great!
you mean coincidentally the location, where we took the picture? (it's from last year)
Or a Location closer to the coast?

CraigR53
8th March 2016, 10:46 PM
I would make a slight alteration to you're day number 6...

When leaving Ayr take the A719 to Girvan, great road for both spirited driving and views. Will also cut out a section of boring A77 and its speed cameras.

Will give you a view of Culzean Castle on the cliff, great views of the Isle of Arran + Ailsa Craig and will take you directly past the (Trump :argh: ) Turnberry Resort - If you like golf I'm sure you will have heard of it. It also has a stretch of road known as the 'electric brae' it's an optical illusion that makes you feel like you are driving down-hill when in fact it is up-hill. You can stop your car, take the hand brake off and watch it roll uphill. Pretty amusing lol.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160308/54d1e0fd90166b3e7c2df92783607962.jpg

Electric brae... You are looking uphill here:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160308/4ab3bfede6d568a73ceea77054b11ff0.jpg

Anyway, just a suggestion, looks like an epic road trip to me.

EDIT - and wouldn't mind a drive down the coast with you guys either :)

Crombers
9th March 2016, 01:08 AM
Day 4 will live with you forever :thumbs up: just epic :hand:

GreyRacer
9th March 2016, 02:29 AM
Sounds great!
you mean coincidentally the location, where we took the picture? (it's from last year)
Or a Location closer to the coast?

Unfortunately I cannot see your pictures as my satellite internet from the Pacific Ocean has restrictions.

MiniToursRuhrpott
9th March 2016, 12:37 PM
You see my mark?
There was taken the picture last year :)

MINI William
23rd May 2016, 10:09 AM
The guys are in Edinburgh on Saturday 11th June. Does anyone fancy meeting up with the guys on the Saturday night and possibly joining them for a bit on the Sunday?

GreyRacer
23rd May 2016, 01:01 PM
If I'm free and not away at my daughters I'd try and meet them at the Lamberton A1 Border Crossing at Berwick-upon-Tweed and convoy up as far as Dunbar with them. Just need their timings.

EcosseGP
23rd May 2016, 08:55 PM
The guys are in Edinburgh on Saturday 11th June. Does anyone fancy meeting up with the guys on the Saturday night and possibly joining them for a bit on the Sunday?

I'm working (day shift) but might be able to sort something that'll mean I could nip through depending on what their plans are.

Craig
23rd May 2016, 09:38 PM
I could possibly meet up in the Sunday for a bit of the run [emoji2]

MINI William
23rd May 2016, 10:32 PM
Thanks folks. I'm waiting for a rough time that they expect to be in Edinburgh for before looking at where we can meet them.

MiniToursRuhrpott
3rd June 2016, 10:18 PM
Thanks for that William :)
In less than one week we are at france to take the ferry. We are so excited! :)

would be nice to meet some of you guys!

MINI William
6th June 2016, 08:52 PM
The plan is to meet the lads in Edinburgh on Saturday night at the filling station for something to eat and then accompany them some of the road up north.

Anyone wishing to either meet or the Saturday and/or Sunday can you let me know please

MINI William
8th June 2016, 09:05 AM
Ive only heard back from Andrew,Craig along with myself and Dad. Is there anyone else looking to come along? Davy I know your working :thumbs up:

Ianstwt_r59
8th June 2016, 11:17 AM
What roads you gonna be driving Saturday/Sunday

MINI William
8th June 2016, 11:33 AM
Not driving any on Saturday, Sunday as far as I'm aware they are going to the Cairn Gorms

All the roads the guys are taking are on post 25

Edinburgh - Queensferry (A90) - Perth (M90) - Kinclaven (A85/A93) -
Blacklunans/Glenshee (A93) - Cairngorms National Parc - Braemar (Castle/A93) -
Corgarff (B976) - Tomintoul (A939) - Grantown on Spey (A939) -
Tomatin/Moy (A938/A9) - Inverarnie/Dalvourn (B851) - Aberarder (B851) -
Whitebridge (B852) - Fort Augustus (B862) - Inverness (A82)

Crombers
8th June 2016, 02:11 PM
Working Sat / Sun night I'm afraid :frown:

Craig
8th June 2016, 02:45 PM
After our chat on Sunday William, it appears we have our great nephew this weekend and other plans are afoot so I'll not be able to make it. Hope you guys all have fun :)

MINI William
8th June 2016, 03:28 PM
Thanks folks :yes nod:

weefossy
8th June 2016, 10:47 PM
William, I'm working on this. Would like to meet the guys. Will come back as soon as.

Eddie_JCW
8th June 2016, 11:14 PM
I'll check my shifts I could probably swing by and say hello on Saturday but I'm working Sunday :(

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

MINI William
9th June 2016, 06:43 AM
Thanks guys