PDA

View Full Version : Ever had your Mini replaced?

Eggy7496
23rd September 2004, 07:19 PM
Hey guys, was catching up on the reading from topics earlier in this section, its obvious to everyone about problems people have with there minis.

Have any of yous ever had your mini replaced?

My current mini is my second one, my first one was replaced, i think i was in the garage 16 times in less than 11 months!! Having to travel from the Broch all the time for the warranty jobbies it mounts up in the fuel 100 miles p/journey. Basically i wasnt happy and asked if they could compensate? my father however was totally not havin this, as the problems were a recurrance.

Well, they replaced my one, so it was handy, owned a mini 4 11months had nil depreciation on it - YAY!!

Eggy7496
23rd September 2004, 07:25 PM
some of the problems i had though were major ones!

heres some:

Had dimples appearing on my roof, guy fae oxford had to come up and take pics of it as they were puzzled!! said they had seen something similar on black roofs but not ever on a white roofed mini

Gearbox and clutch replaced after 2 weeks (Nothing to do with my driving!)

Steering colum and rack replaced (needs replaced in my current one 2)

My front left arch hadnt been put on right at the factory!!

General rattles and squeaks - nearly every visit had one to get sorted!(cant stand them!!

seats replaced once for squeaks and seat base replaced 3 times (no dirty thoughts please, genuine falt!)

seatbelt bits were duffed!

Airbag faults twice!

Eggy7496
23rd September 2004, 07:26 PM
the ironic thing is, the week b4 i got my new one, my old one felt perfect!!

Sheilz
24th September 2004, 06:52 PM
There's an indie blue and an electric blue cooper, both with saltire decals that my mum has seen around the broch. do you know either of these cars/owners? I'm forever being accused of having been in town and not going to see her!
:D:D:D

Eggy7496
25th September 2004, 08:47 AM
yep i know both of them, david cardno and jason sutherland, does ur mam have a mini?

The Dogfather
25th September 2004, 08:59 AM
Eggy - Do you know Kevin Cruickshank?

Eggy7496
25th September 2004, 09:01 AM
that name rings a bell. what more can u tell me aboot him?

The Dogfather
25th September 2004, 09:45 AM
he lives in Aberdeen (now) used to live near you, he's a DJ

Eggy7496
25th September 2004, 07:06 PM
ok im not too sure then lol. i thought i recognised at name though.